Migration is REAL close!

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
Hey All!

After months of work, we are getting very close to Go Time on the new forum software. I think next week is very possible. There are still a couple of known bugs being fixed, so it could slip another week. But we are getting very, very close to saying goodbye to this old forum software!

I'll post updates as they happen to try and keep you all informed of what to expect.

When the switch actually happens, there will be a "Down for Maintenance" message displayed. Here, on the old software for at least a few hours, and then the same message but on the new software for at least a few hours. I'm hoping less than a day that we are down, but we'll just have to see.

Very Important!

When the new board comes up, Everyone will need to reset their password! This requires a valid email address. At some point in the distant past, apparently, it was possible to register without an email address and so not all members have one. And no doubt, some folks will just run into problems with having an old email address or whatever. So we are going to setup a web form that anyone having trouble getting on the new forum can use to have a notification emailed to me and Stu.

There are a small number of profile pics/avatars that we just could not get to work on the new board, but only a few.

I do NOT expect a seamless transition! When we go live in the wild, people are going to try things I haven't thought to try and find problems. Please let us know of any problems you find and we'll work through them one at a time. It shouldn't take long to shake out most all the bugs. But they'll happen.

Also, the graphics and visuals on the new site are going to be pretty plain jane to begin with. We can pretty it up to our hearts content after the move is done and things are running smoothly again.

- DAA

NOTE:

The Photo Hosting Gallery forum is probably going to be lost. That type of forum is unique to this software & there isn't anything comparable in the new software. Anyone hosting pictures there needs to make sure they have them saved off & expect broken links anywhere you've posted them

Back