Who use a cammo gun?

+1 for the McNett Camoform. It works great and doesn't leave any residue. Later if you decide to change uppers or sell something you've got, you don't have to worry about the next person not wanting a spray painted gun part, or your own gun being half and half.

I used the no-stick cloth camo tape, camo duc tape, and some camo netting to camo my AR. I used the camo netting to cover the vent holes on my handguard, hiding the flash from the shiny stainless barrel under the handguard, but still allowing for air circulation. Just needed to be a little creative. I think it came out looking good and unlike paint it has some texture and I can take it off if I sell it. When the snow hits, I add some wraps of the snow camo tape, when it melts I take them off.

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

While deer hunting a couple of years ago I was set up on a hillside overlooking a large meadow that was about 500 yards long. Way across the meadow, about 400 yards away I caught movement that drew my eye. A few seconds later I made out another hunter with a blaze orange vest. His rifle had a shiny stock and deep blued barrel and scope. It was his rifle and the light reflecting off of it that drew my eye, not the blaze orange?? As he continued to walk across my line of sight from right to left he would occasionaly pass behind some trees and other vegitation between he and I. I would loose sight of the hunter and the blaze orange, but that gun was still visible through the trees. Maybe it was just the way the sun was shining, but right then and there I decided to cover all my guns with camo tape. When I bought my R-15 one of the reasons I chose it was the camo dip. It's hard enough to call in coyotes here in the East!! I want every advantage I can get!!

Jim

Last edited:
Back