The state of FLOW

Infidel 762

Staff member
The state flow, also known as being in the zone, is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus. It requires concentration and a balance between skill and challenge. There's a sense of effortless momentum, where your movements are fluid and instinctual. In essence, flow is characterized by the complete absorption in what one does, and a resulting transformation in one's sense of time. And when you finally emerge from the flow, you're left with a sense of clarity and renewal, as if you've been washed clean by the waters of inspiration. Join me on a brief journey in this video as we delve into the flow.

I stood on the edge of yesterday, chambered a round, and stepped forward, leaving it behind. Along the way I witnessed the sunset in the west and then the sunrise in the east, and in between, I called in some coyotes.

Leaving the past behind is not about forgetting; it's about personal growth. It involves letting go of old methods and limiting beliefs. With each breath, you inhale the scent of nostalgia mixed with the air of anticipation for what lies ahead. As you move beyond the past, you feel the weight of yesterday's burdens lift from your shoulders. In this moment, you are not merely a bystander in the passage of time, but a protagonist in the unfolding story of your own life.

1FB66E31-0503-4902-BB4A-91CB6B1B3173.jpeg

Attachments

• FDC57415-1875-4BC3-8A66-F23675125EEF.jpeg
    FDC57415-1875-4BC3-8A66-F23675125EEF.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Jeremy that’s some amazing shooting, pictures and words !!!!

Thanks for sharing your hunts with us !

I used to shoot a lot with recurves and longbows……I called it being in the “zone” on certain days.

Last edited:
Good to see you back in the saddle, Jeremy. Great video and perspective.

Want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your videos.

As you know, its been a year since I've been able to get out myself and I enjoy your hunts vicariously. I learned a long time ago, while shooting competition, the value of "visualization" since accurate shooting is largely a mental function; probably 90% mental/10% physical, IMO. Dry firing was very helpful in target shooting, but "visualization" of what it takes to make a perfect shot was every bit as important when you could not dry fire.

Your videos, enable me to visualize exactly moment I would break the shot, which will hopefully knock a bit of the rust off until I am able to get back out. Visualization of breaking a shot on a stationary target is easy, but it is harder to visualize without all the different possibilities presented by the coyotes in these videos. Keep 'em coming, and Thanks!

Good to see you back in the saddle, Jeremy. Great video and perspective.

Want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your videos.

As you know, its been a year since I've been able to get out myself and I enjoy your hunts vicariously. I learned a long time ago, while shooting competition, the value of "visualization" since accurate shooting is largely a mental function; probably 90% mental/10% physical, IMO. Dry firing was very helpful in target shooting, but "visualization" of what it takes to make a perfect shot was every bit as important when you could not dry fire.

Your videos, enable me to visualize exactly moment I would break the shot, which will hopefully knock a bit of the rust off until I am able to get back out. Visualization of breaking a shot on a stationary target is easy, but it is harder to visualize without all the different possibilities presented by the coyotes in these videos. Keep 'em coming, and Thanks!

not back in it, still in it😁

surprise trigger break keeps me from jerking the shot. I actually dislike shooting, I verify and fine tune my zero often but it is a chore I get no enjoyment doing. The thought of going to an organized range to shoot paper has no appeal. A lot of those coyotes at a distance are downwind, day hunting you can setup blocks where they wont go out in the open to get downwind, at night I’ve learned that is not so. some make wide loops several hundred yards out to get your wind, instead of traveling a short direct distance to the call. I shoot a lot that answer my vocals in front of me and end up shooting them behind me.

Back