Rock chuck hunt

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
Uploaded a video trip report of a rock chuck hunt me and Steve Garrett did about a week ago. Super, super good time. This is a trip we do every year and it has gotten to be just about my favorite. We have just too much fun, every time.

Cross Canyon Rock Chucks!

- DAA

FANTASTIC. Love me some rock chuck huntin. Great video and great shooting guys.

Nice and green. Looks like you have been getting the rains like we have. And we had really good snow pack in the mountains also. Gonna be a beautiful summer in the hills.

It is a beautiful summer in the hills! Been a beautiful spring in the desert too! Hope the rains keep coming!

- DAA

Originally Posted By: crapshootIm all for the rain as long as it takes a break fri-sun so I can get on and off the mountain.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Getting on and off the mountain is half the fun!

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: crapshootIm all for the rain as long as it takes a break fri-sun so I can get on and off the mountain.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Getting on and off the mountain is half the fun!

- DAA

Maybe for you and your jeep. Im in a subaru wagon.
lol.gif

I had a Subaru Brat a long time ago. That little sucker would drag itself all kinds of places it had no business being. Good little car. Went through a lot of clutches, and ball joints, and hubs, and CV joints, but that wasn't it's fault.

- DAA

It's a wreck wrap type of product. Works great at keeping the scratches away while rubbing up against sage and juniper.

- DAA

I watched the full video on Utube. I don't understand why you didn't keep going on that road by the river. Just kidding. I get to go Chuck hunting once a year and this year looks like a challenge with the roads. I use many different calibers, but my favorites are 204,222,223Imp,243AI,and 6/284.

Those are all sweet 'chuck medicine. I have a heavy sporter 6-284 that is a dedicated coyote rig, but I have shot 'chucks with it a few times. It's accurate enough but heats up real fast. Have thought about a nice heavy barrel colony varmint 6-284 though.

- DAA

Fun stuff. Made me reminisce about a summer in my misspent youth in southern Colorado when we shot plenty. That was back before they were game animals. Great times. Not much like that here in the southern desert these days.

Excellent country and good shootin' too. I worked on a few of em when I can leave the trout alone for awhile. Thanks for posting that.

Back