Monocular Thermal with LRF

Imo these all have too small of fov to be optimum for scanning at least for my terrain. Pulsar still has not beat the helion xp28 and I'm always looking for another one. I just don't get the big zoom thing as I would rather be able to see twice the area and still be able to id as far as I can shoot vs nonstop crackhead back and forth panic scanning for one popping out close. In big open terrain I can understand big zoom but that's not the case here. Kinos hubble in the classified has had me thinking awful hard though lol too bad we are remodeling the exterior of our house right now 🤢

Last edited:
It's not easy making those longer shots so I don't blame you guys trying to get them in your laps :devilish:

I just picked an additional 10,000 acres of open farmland with huge pastures and flat open country (no trees and/or landmarks) where they have been letting teenagers hunt for years, the coyotes are educated and hang up. Since I don't pay to hunt other than provide predator and hog control, I'm investing in a variety of equipment which I hope provides me with an edge.

Not sure but can't you get a Telos that has a lens with less base mag???
Not that I seen. The Telos XP 50 Pro has a 2.5 base mag and a wider field of view than the Axion 2x. I ran a Helion with 2.3 for 4 years and never felt that I need anything less than that even when I called them in closer than 25 yards.

Not that I seen. The Telos XP 50 Pro has a 2.5 base mag and a wider field of view than the Axion 2x. I ran a Helion with 2.3 for 4 years and never felt that I need anything less than that even when I called them in closer than 25 yards.

I agree, I think day in and out that 2-2.5x base is perfect for a scanner but I hunt a lot of open country and need the horsepower. If my day to day hunting was in tight quarters like jmeddy or I stalked hogs regularly I'd want something with a wider FOV as well.

I do hunt in tight spots too but only 35% of the time so I wouldn't mind finding something with a lower base mag if it provides a wider field of view and better resolution.

RIX STRIDE ST6 640 Thermal Monocular (handheld/helmet mountable) is a 1-6x that uses 18650 batteries and has a 5 year transferable warranty.

Last edited:
Back