Last light coyote

fratri

HOMAnimated (1).gif

Probably the last time out this season as the warm weather is on its way and the new babies (next years coyotes) will be coming in soon.
Got to the farm just as the sun was going down, started off with some coyote howls, then rabbit sounds, back to coyote howls and with just a few minutes of legal light left, went with pup distress. As I was packing up, I spot something in the field about 300 yds out and it starts moving. I get ready for her as she is coming in. She never got closer than 150 yds, got her to stop at 175 yds. Took the shot and she ran about 75 yds before collapsing.
53609299093_0a85b6a25a_c.jpg

53609428374_92508d2c3c_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good set and results to prove it. Thanks for taking the time with the info pics. You always share how the hunt went down and I really appreciate it.

View attachment 6919

Probably the last time out this season as the warm weather is on its way and the new babies (next years coyotes) will be coming in soon.
Got to the farm just as the sun was going down, started off with some coyote howls, then rabbit sounds, back to coyote howls and with just a few minutes of legal light left, went with pup distress. As I was packing up, I spot something in the field about 300 yds out and it starts moving. I get ready for her as she is coming in. She never got closer than 150 yds, got her to stop at 175 yds. Took the shot and she ran about 75 yds before collapsing.
53609299093_0a85b6a25a_c.jpg

53609428374_92508d2c3c_c.jpg

Congrats and thanks for sharing!! :)

I trap/hunt them year round. My goal is to make them extinct. So far Iā€™ve failed at my job, lol. The more I take, the more they filter in from surrounding areas. I think the longest Iā€™ve ā€œridā€ them from a property is about 1-2 months based on tracks/sounds/cameras. Then itā€™s like theyā€™re everywhere all over again.

Back