Custom Howler wanted

etoyoC Hunter

I’m new here and hope this is not looked down upon for a request, but last weekend my son and I went on our first coyote hunt together. While the hunt was a bust on harvest it was a very special experience for us. As we were walking to our first stand I found a shed antler. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in making two howlers out of this antler for my son and I. I would be willing to send it to someone and give whatever wasn’t used to you. Not looking for a straight up exchange either. Just willing to give up the remainder. Thanks in advance.

James

Ext to my 72lb dog. It’s not huge. I think, in talking to another member, I’m going to drill it myself and get a couple inserts. I’ve looked at a couple antler barrels that were turned perfectly and think I like the look of the cortex. If I can get the insert to fit correctly I’ll bore out the end of the barrels with a tapered bit to open it up more. As far as how they sound afterwards, even if it’s not exactly what I expect, it will be nice to have something for my son and I to have together. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4895.jpeg
    IMG_4895.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 22
Back