Critr calls gone for good?

So I know they are out there… but Major Boddiker retired a few years ago and sold the company to a guy there in Colorado I believe. Not sure what kind of market presence they have now.

You also dont see a lot of Sceery calls around like we used to. I was told Ed was retiring as well and looking to sell. I heard a number but dont know any real details.
Mark

It’s funny how you have your favorites. I own a ton of calls both very old and fairly new, rabbit distress and howlers both. But 99% of the time I take my Critr calls, either peewee or song dog. They are always the ones in my shirt pocket.

Me too actually…I remember when the Song Dog came out as a howler I just used it as a distress call cause I liked the bigger air channel on it. I do still carry a Standard with me pretty much all the time.

Yeah I took a cow horn and cut the tip off it and reamed it out and sanded it just enough so the song dog would fitin it and use it as a howler, then I can pull it out of the cow horn and use it as a long range distress call. For more closer calling it’s hard to beat the peewee.
Good Hunting Chad

Back