Can see suppressor in thermal

ChrisLD

Guys I am running a 2x native mag SY35 thermal and I can see my supressor on base mag in the bottom portion of my thermal screen. I believe I have a 10 MOA ? Rail it is mounted on currently. I would like to get a rail that will raise it up enough I don’t have a “hue” circular display in the bottom of my scope outlining my suppressor. Anyone have any experience with this ? Thanks a lot

A 0 base may make a little difference......I have 0s on all my guns..I really haven't payed much attention to it but looking back at pics with my Trij MK3 IRhunter 35 w/2.5x it is barely noticeable.
Never even looked for it with my IRhunter 2 35 @1.75x
...and now I'll see it every time...thanks :ROFLMAO:

So many things come into play. Barrel + suppressor length, height over bore, a canted rail like you have, etc.

I would get rid of the 10 MOA canted rail and try a rail with zero cant. You could get a custom rail that is thicker with zero cant.

I got a custom rail a little thicker than normal to cowitness a clip on better. I got it from Ken. Ken Farrell, Inc.

I don't use a suppressor cover. Everything I have read says they hold the heat in longer. Plus it would make the OD a little bigger so would be in the view even more.

Get a suppressor cover, most of your problems will be gone.

I'm running a 2" can, much bigger in diameter than everything out there, on a 22" barrel.

The Nvision Halo XRF sets really close to the handrail and I do see it slightly at base mag, if I zoom it's gone.

If you fire a lot of continuous rounds at a runner on a cold night you'll see it for sure!

Back