Big ol sow

guess

A few weeks ago a lady called us to hunt hogs on her land. We killed 2 big boars. Her land joined land we already hunted, but we rarely found on hogs on either place. She gave my number to the man next door and he called today. Just one more piece of the puzzle. Well this hunt netted me what is probably the biggest sow I’ve ever killed. Michelle and I like to have not got on her on the hog hauler and trust me we’ve loaded some big ol’ hogs.

297558_472713439434021_1806633037_n.jpg

I've come to the conclusion you are either the King of Mega-sized Pigs, or you are only about 2 feet tall so they all look huge.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Ursus21I've come to the conclusion you are either the King of Mega-sized Pigs, or you are only about 2 feet tall so they all look huge.
wink.gif

lil of both! she was a monster though!

Wow that thing is a really big pig, is that thing a domestic breed pig or what you folks would call a feral hog??? I didn't think the wild pigs would get that big?? I live up here in west central Alberta Canada and I guess some of the hunt farms up here have had pigs get loose. So now we are beginning to see the odd wild herd of pigs show up, which I think is going to be a bad thing.

100% feral, but all feral hogs in the us originate from domestic. Studies have been done and are being done to determine how much European blood is involved. So far it Shows very little if any Euro blood. You have to remember though that our Domestic hogs came from European blood a few hundred years ago, So over time our ferals will go back to looking like the true Euro's but they will not have the number of Chromosomes.

Back