Baiting

Thanks guys for the good wishes. Baiting has been a struggle this year. Glad to get two, but a long way from my average of 15 on bait. May or may not get another one before my "official personal season" ends June 30. Calling has about ceased for me as well, so I just have to try harder next year.

Good job, DoubleUp. They sure look pitiful this time of year. Pretty good size though. Sorry about the video. It happens.

They aren't much to look at in the summer fur that's for sure David. Yeah Joey, it's been a tough year here. I was on track to break over 80 at the halfway point, but Jan. was not too good, and Feb. was a disaster. March and April not much better so I probably won't make 50 now. I did have another male show up last night on the bait pile, but my alarm didn't go off and it took 10 minutes before the cell cam sent me a picture. He may come back and give me a whack at him.

Our club lease in SC is wanting coyotes removed. I gathered some bait Friday night.

azE1Ut9.jpg

CeKgVoK.jpg

Last edited:
I killed another big male (37 lbs.) on the bait pile at 11:30 tonight. He was here at 2:30 last night, but foxes and coons had pretty much wiped out the bait. He showed up a little earlier tonight. I shot him with the 22-250 and a 50 V-max at 95 yds. Wasn't DRT, but only went a few yds. for expiring. Bullet was a complete pass-through. Will post a short video tomorrow. Here he is for now. Couldn't find the entry on this side.

#47.jpg

Here is the offside exit.
#47a.jpg

Last edited:
Started on a new blind last weekend. My SIL wanted a she shed out on the farm. I told her She shed for 8-9 months of the year, coyote blind the rest of the year. So far the only window, is one for me, she has to buy her own window(s). 10x12 should be enough room for both of us.

Ours will literally rot in place if the buzzards don’t touch them. Even deer sometimes.
A fellow night hunter here in my town has a few cow pastures that he hunts. Farmer called him a few weeks ago and told him that he had a cow die and asked him where he wanted it. Few days later he sent me a pic with like five coyotes on that sucker. He had a blast.

Back