AGM Varmint range finder issues.

musky01

Ive got a brand new AGM Varmint. I like the basic scope features but the range finder is a problem. Is anyone else having issues getting the unit to range mostly at night ? Daytime in my backyard it works. Night time it only works on certain things (sometime). I had it out last night and tried to range a combine that was parked in my field about 100 yards away. All I kept getting was the little orange line on the range finder with no distance readout. Every thing I ranged had the same result and no my hand was not obstructing the unit. Just wondering if anyone was having issues. Currently waiting for a response from AGM.

Thanks Bob

Whenever I have trouble with it ranging it is because I have some part of my hand getting in front of the rangefinder on top. I shoot lefty and have to reach across the top, and am bad about partially covering the front of the unit. Even sometimes when I think I am not. So you might try paying close attention to that and see if maybe that is part of your issue.

Ive got a brand new AGM Varmint. I like the basic scope features but the range finder is a problem. Is anyone else having issues getting the unit to range mostly at night ? Daytime in my backyard it works. Night time it only works on certain things (sometime). I had it out last night and tried to range a combine that was parked in my field about 100 yards away. All I kept getting was the little orange line on the range finder with no distance readout. Every thing I ranged had the same result and no my hand was not obstructing the unit. Just wondering if anyone was having issues. Currently waiting for a response from AGM.

Thanks Bob

Make sure you don't have the built in lens cover pointed straight up and covering up the laser. You need to turn it sideways out of the way.

Back