Sub MOA Mini 14 Target

casterbuster

This is a five shot group at 100 yds

I went to the range today, this is the first time I have ever shot the rifle.

I was using winchester white box 45gr JHP
Ruger Mini 14 Target
Bushnell troghy 3x9

Thumbnails Click they get bigger

I guess all of you non believers are speechless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I guess a picture speaks a thousand words. I love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
what you AR guys don't have anything to say, you guys sure slammed the mini an awful lot in the past, and I agree the previous minis were crap when it came to accuracy.

But, now it's a whole new ball game. I just wonder what it would do with hand loads to bad I don't reload.

If either of my Mini-14's would shoot like that, I never would have bought an AR.
You have a definite winner there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That's good but to decide if it is a sub MOA rifle, we need to see the worst 5 shot group. If the worst 5 shot group is not over 1" it is a sub MOA rifle.

Jack

Quote:
That's good but to decide if it is a sub MOA rifle, we need to see the worst 5 shot group. If the worst 5 shot group is not over 1" it is a sub MOA rifle.

Jack

Ah a non believer I knew one would come out of the wood works soon. I will get right on that jack it may be a few days before I get back to the range though. This was shooting off a picnic table resting on make shift shooting sticks.

So were there other groups shot? Or did you only shoot 5 rounds? I don't know that you want to mix up the pot with the Mini 14 stuff though.

yes there were other groups shot, but I did not keep the the targets. I was also shooting them up with other guns this was the only one that I just shot the mini at. I also shot Federal 55gr jhp they also grouped sub moa. the winchester ballistic silvertips opened up just a litte over 1"

SOLD! I'm going to get one now. I love the mini 14 it just isn't all that accurate. If people are getting these type of results then, I will have to try it myself. Sportmens has one for 775$ And it comes with rings. I guess for that price, I can put 300 bones worth of ammo down range to make up the price of an AR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

youre going to go out and buy a new rifle because of one picture of a good group? not bashing, never even shot a 14, but i know i would need a lot more proof than one little picture

Quote:
Het casterbuster , That's a nice group . Especially for a Mini-14 !

Do you live near Cantex ?

Not really it is in the middle of town. I live outside of town.

Yes Sir, those babies can be made to shoot!! I used to have one from Accuracy International, (I think that was the name...)? I have been wondering what the new ones would do. As previously stated "they should have done that a long time ago". Good group!!

casterbuster, have you tried any Federal Match (or some sort of Match ammo)? I know it will be hard to find but i bet she will cut that group in half or close to it.

Caster, I like the looks of your mini. If I was interested in having one put together similar to yours, what kind of money are we talking about?

Aside from the worthless little red thing, it looks like a pretty nice rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

5, 5 shot groups should be a statistically reliable sample. The more the better but 5 should get up into the 90-95% certainty range.

Jack

You are going to spend $775 on one and $300 worth of ammo?
Hmmmm..?

Why don't ya just get an AR (oops bad word on this thread) and be done with it, if your planning on $pend a grand any way.

Had one, but if they were half as accurate as this one probably would still have it. Later

Back