Ohio Hunters - AEP ReCreation Land

haha.. i have hunted it a few times the last few years.. in southern ohio around the kyger creek powerplant area.. shot a few coyotes and foxes.. FOUND A TON OF MUSHROOMS IN THE SPRING TOO.. my only complaint is theres too much travel thru and around the aep area i hunted there.. i still got lucky a few times but i dont like going there unless im looking for a change of area or hardup..

"FOUND A TON OF MUSHROOMS IN THE SPRING TOO"

Hey Buddy....We need to talk about these mushrooms.
They are all poisonous. You should bring all you find to me and I'll dispose of them properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

there is alot of hunting pressure on that land & like nightwatchmen said lots of traffic also hunters some use dogs out there.but they are successful with the dogs.

I hunt it from time to time with no luck. The last time, two weekends ago in the wind, we hunted hard all saturday with not even a track. They are there. I've seen the sign.
I know the Manager of the Recreation Land and he said that guys with hounds hunt them there.

hey rooster... i used to wonder why parts of the roadsides were always set on fire in the early spring... those mushrooms come up like crazy in those burn areas..and it was the locals doing it in the spots where they always found them so they didnt have to walk as far to pick them.. pretty good huh..

anyway, i used to ride atv's in some of the old coal banks and parts of aep land years ago and we always seen tracks then.. i would of never hunted that area if it hadnt of been for a buddy moving close to that area and pestering me to take him.

its still a nice area to hunt though..

Back