first blood with new gun

Well I finally got to go hunting and got the first shot on wildlife for my new rifle. I have hunted deer and predators for years with nothing but a 30-30 with open sights. This year when I got the money I over paid uncle sam I bought a 25-06 savage and last night was the third time out hunting with it; I called up an ol' grey fox within about 30 yards and I was sure hoping I did't miss because the the gun shoots kind of high at that range I have it dead zero at 200 yards. Anyway it was great to get its first kill while I was calling!

------------------
Don't miss!

Good deal! Was there anything left of the fox? what bullets are ya' shooting? I just probably retired my 25 from most of its varmint killing duties. Just depends on how the new swift performs on the coyotes.

Thanks for the reply songdogger and no not much left of the fox I shot while he was at a trot and miss lead him a little I hit him in the middle of his body and it about blew him in half. I was shooting 100 grain remington core-lokt shells I like them because they shoot fairly flat out of my gun up to about 200 yards.

------------------
Don't miss!

Nice job and good hunting Slayer!!!!!

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

Back