Super yoter issues

20 minutes on the bench at 15 degrees and poi moved 1" higher than warm gun group but still 2" lower than original zero last night at about 20 degrees.

Both groups strung horizontal which made seeing vertical shift very obvious. Each 3 shot group had 2 touching and 1 about an inch left. Definitely need to tune a cold weather load for this rifle but who hunts with a .223 anyway lol.

This Yoter does the same vertical shift on this rifle as it did on the first one.

I am absolutely convinced it is scope issue and not a mount issue.

I am not going to waste another primer on this turd.

Last edited:
Ive let a message and have tried to call three times and noone answers. I decided to just continuously call until they answered and it finally worked. I emailed them all my pics with description. I guess I will wait for them to call.

Last edited:
If anyone is following this saga, I just spoke with Bering to verify that they did receive the emails. It appears they have received them and the tech needs a while to review. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Day 5 no response from Bering. Good thing this is my second scope.
thumbdown.gif

Last edited:
Customer service is very important in my purchases ! So is USA made products ! I’m sure there are possible future customers following this post.
Thanks for posting !

This is why I’m a Foxpro customer !

Ended up putting the yoter back on Friday evening for a buddy to use. It was high a couple inches and right about an inch so I re-zeroed it using only the main screen and headed out hunting.

Fast forward to Sunday evening I checked zero warm out of the house and it was low about 2" and 1.5" ish right. After spending a bit of time comparing pip to main screen the second shot was an inch higher but still right.

Left gun on bench in low 30's temp for 15 min and next two were right about .5" higher than the second one of the previous 2.

Took the gun back in house to warm up and repeated the test process. The same shift pattern occurred.

I gave it one base power click to the left and it was now perfect left right but still .75" low .

I had to try one click up.....this is where I started chasing it. It didn't want to respond and then it would over respond to click and it wanted to move left as well.

I ended up going back to my original elevation coordinates which was .75" low and now it was a bit too high.

I ended up .54 coordinate lower than I started but it was now zeroed.

The sun was setting and it was getting cooler.

It seems to impact higher as temps drop and boy is it frustrating. It took 26 rounds to chase it .54 left and .54 on elevation only to end up on an elevation coordinated that reflect the opposite of what I need to do because of shift.

One week and still no return call from Bering.

I should add all shooting was done on main screen this time.

Pip crosshairs always appeared to be .5" left of main screen crosshairs at 1 and 2 x

Last edited:
Dang that would drive me to drinking. I would have liked to hear that they took it back and promptly issued a refund. I think you've more than proven that there is an issue somewhere, and jumped through every hoop to make it work. It's amazingly poor odds to have two bad scopes unless they happened to be made on the same work shift or lot number that happened to have a bad component.

Originally Posted By: CallingArkansasI have Hogster 25mm and a Super Hogster from Night Goggles arriving tomorrow. Hopefully I don’t have these same issues.

I have the same combo and it's been solid. I had my doubts for a while but it was a rifle or target image issue on the SH. I assume your using the 25 to scan with. I do that and also clamp it on a 22lr to shoot mice with and it's been solid. Got 3 last night lol.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223One week and still no return call from Bering I know you have talked to Bering. I say this to everyone who needs customer service from Bering. Call Bering and keep calling until someone picks up. If someone else picks up, I would ask for I would ask for Diana or Boris. If you are not getting anywhere, work with your dealer as this is one of the roles they should be providing for you.

I did speak with Diana on Monday to get an email for group pics. I followed up on Tuesday with Diana to verify pics came through. She said the tech has them but needs time to look them over and would be calling me. I told her I understood and thanked her.

Well.....it's a week later.....I'm not sure they give a chit about me or their pos scope to be quite honest.

It's getting to the point if I call I might just show my azz and I don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I did speak with Diana on Monday to get an email for group pics. I followed up on Tuesday with Diana to verify pics came through. She said the tech has them but needs time to look them over and would be calling me. I told her I understood and thanked her.

Well.....it's a week later.....I'm not sure they give a chit about me or their pos scope to be quite honest.

It's getting to the point if I call I might just show my azz and I don't want to do that.

What reticle are you sighting in with. Maybe put a level on your scope and see if that makes a difference.. I was having issues with MY SH and was canting the rifle a bit different
each time I shot it..

Originally Posted By: KrockusOriginally Posted By: varminter .223I did speak with Diana on Monday to get an email for group pics. I followed up on Tuesday with Diana to verify pics came through. She said the tech has them but needs time to look them over and would be calling me. I told her I understood and thanked her.

What reticle are you sighting in with. Maybe put a level on your scope and see if that makes a difference.. I was having issues with MY SH and was canting the rifle a bit different
each time I shot it..

Issue is primary vertical.

I called a talked to a tech on Monday afternoon. After convincing him the scope really has issues he seemed like he wanted to help. He said he will email the owner and I will hear from him no later than the next day. Well.......2 days later no call. I'm not too excited about it because I'm not sure Bering can deliver a non shifting scope. I will let you draw your own conclusion about dealing with Bering and how they take care of business.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ToroDid it sound like the tech had any idea of what may be wrong with the scope?

Well....not really. He spent some time trying to tell me it was an out of spec rail or my rifle. I overwhelmed him with proof it wasn't and shut him down on that deflectiom pretty quick when I explained all my testing with multiple rifles, day glass, different targets etc. My honest opinion is that they have no clue hence no call. He said they get very few complaints but admitted most people would have no clue if they had this issue anyway.

Last edited:
At this point they should have had you taken care of with a refund IMO. At this point parting ways is probably best for all parties involved.

One thing I'm curious about is you stated that your 2 yoters was bad and you had two friends that bought them at the same time that was bad also?? What is their situation and did they send theirs back as well??

Back