Coyote piles along the roads?

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I've been running into a number of coyote carcasses piled up at the entrances to hunting areas. I've seen coyotes strung up at ranch entrances that I assume were to let the rancher know that you've done your job. Theses piles are at the junction of paved roads and access to public lands. I've come across three of these piles of 3-4 coyotes.

I've always tried to drag my coyotes out of sight if they aren't skinnable or drag the carcass less pelt out of sight if they are. I will say the critters eliminate them much faster when the pelt is off them most of the unskinned ones stay visible for a long time.

Any reason to stack dead coyotes out for the world to see.

Plus why would you advertise that it’s a good coyote area! I alway move mine out of sight from the public view also, why give someone something to stir BS about. God know they find enough to complain about anyway.

Hanging them on a fence or leaving carcasses in plain view is basically LITTERING. I doubt many land owners appreciate the sight.

It makes no sense to me, I understand if someone guts a deer close to a road for coyote bait. Beyond that, I'm with Hellgate.

Back