Super yoter issues

Left the shop early and Vx1 4-12x40 is back on the rifle

Shot 3 and it is dead on to a half inch low.
I will shoot 3 more after 15 minutes.
I know the world is waiting and watching like when they were pulling baby Jessica from the well
lol.gif

Last edited:
I sent 204 some pics of a warm gun 3 shot group and another 3 shots after 15 minutes of gun and ammo on bench at 31 degrees. I'm sure he will be kinda enough to post them for me.

There is no poi shift.

Mount to scope body screws are tight.

Last edited:
Left the rifle sit on the porch for 30 min. at 27 degrees this morning and shot 3. Absolutely no shift.

It is undeniable that both of the Yoters I have had have a poi shift issue.

If anyone wants to see a group pic I can try to get someone to post it for me.

I need to figure out how to move forward. Imo Ive got an unsellable unusable pile.

Last edited:
Well shoot, sounds like you've done everything you can do. Time for a refund and move forward. Hopefully the issues with these gets identified and resolved.

Comparing the trail to the sy, looking at the same target at the same time of day, does the target appear exactly the same in each? Same amount of bloom, etc? I don't have much experience with these so asking an honest question. My issues I think were the target could appear drastically different with different amounts of sunlight or different positioning. I've got an idea for a target that should eliminate that but haven't tried it yet.

Yoter has a more defined crisper image than the trail 2.

However, shooting at cold tinfoil on a cardboard background has no bloom especially at night. As far as some kind of odd reflection in the daytime I'm not sure about.

Last edited:
I left a message at Bering. I have a feeling this is gonna be a slow process.

So far my experience with Bering has not been too good. This issue has existed since I purchased the unit around Thanksgiving and noone seems to excited about resolving the issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223So far my experience with Bering has not been too good. This issue has existed since I purchased the unit around Thanksgiving and noone seems to excited about resolving the issue. Night Goggles has had so few issues with Bering thermals that most or our customers never need to contact Bering Customer Service. What I do tell anyone contacting them is call until you reach someone vs leaving a voicemail or sending an email. This is what I do when I am looking to reach their Customer Service. Just my .02.

V223 a few of us asked you to test the gun with a glass scope and you did. If it were me, I would probably look to move to a different option. Confidence in any weapon/scope is key.

The only other thing I can think of is something on the rail of the gun is having an issue with the LaRue mount causing some minor movement. You could give a Bobro mount a try. However, then you are out another $180 and sending the scope to Bering to attach the Bobro. I didn't mention this earlier because I didn't know how far down the rabbit hole you wanted to go. Spending more money on something you don't have any confidence in doesn't seem like a great option, but I wanted to at least mention it.

Originally Posted By: Kirsch
The only other thing I can think of is something on the rail of the gun is having an issue with the LaRue mount causing some minor movement. You could give a Bobro mount a try. However, then you are out another $180 and sending the scope to Bering to attach the Bobro. I didn't mention this earlier because I didn't know how far down the rabbit hole you wanted to go. Spending more money on something you don't have any confidence in doesn't seem like a great option, but I wanted to at least mention it.

I was wondering this also. I have no experience with BCA side chargers so had to go look at a pic on their site and zoom in on it. I see nothing that should interfere, but I'm not familiar with the Larue mount either.

I saw a facebook post about someone having an issue on a large frame side charger with the Larue mount, is why I thought of that.

V223's been around the block enough I'm sure he'd have figured that out if there was an issue. It's just so weird to see 2 units have that problem, most would objectively say that's unlikely, but possible, and appears to be the case. I'd offer to test the SY out, till spring, or longer if it didn't act up, for free
thumbup.gif
. That's just the kind of guy I am..

In all seriousness, I have a simple YHM riser I'd send if you thought maybe the rail attachment was an issue. I'm not using it atm. It clamps solid, so should eliminate any possible out of spec rail issues. Just a thought.

Just throwing something out there Gents...and perhaps others more knowledgeable than me can chime in, but is there a possibility that a "parallax-related" type issue might be going on? That being the repeatable positioning of your eye in relation to the Super Yoter.

With all the issues you've been having I got curious and took my Super Hogster out today to check point of impacts as the only thing I've shot with it lately is coyotes and havent had any problems hitting them. My sight in was right were it was last time I checked it about 3 months ago.

I didnt think about the possibility of parallax until I got home from the range otherwise I would have done a test with my SH today by positioning my eye to the extreme left/right/up/down in relation to the center of the scope and see if it had any impact on grouping.

The reason I bring it up, I've been using Aimpoint's and other red dot type scopes since their inception and one thing that Aimpoint (and other manufacturers) tout the term "parallax free" in their marketing. Well, I've found thats pretty true most of the time, but not always. If you position your eye to the extreme edges of the scope, it will affect the POI more than most folks know. I've proven this over and over in many rifle classes I've taught and teach to front line patrol officers, so they are at least aware of it if they ever have to take that million dollar shot...

I dont know if that's a factor in a thermal scope or not and I wish I had tested that possibility today. I do know you have to position your eye very close to the SH to get a full image. Actually, I'm going to test mine tomorrow by locking the gun on a rest and simply look through it after obtaining a target spot and move my eye around and see if the reticle/dot moves in relation to my eye position. Should be easy to see if it would affect that.

IF it is a factor, the ability to keep your cheek weld and eye position in the same exact spot every time you shoot would reduce group sizes and might explain what's happening here.

Just a thought...

Moving to a different option would be great if Bering will do something about it because my dealer told me to sell it on Facebook. Guess what I'm not on Facebook
crazy.gif
and I don't dump faulty items on other people.

The first one had ample clearance between the adjusting nut and the receiver but it was also 6 clicks from max tight and clocked for max clearance with one of the three legs points straight out. I mounted the second one the same and never looked at the clearance but if I recall it had plenty of room to be in any position on the first one.

Ive considered putting it on my Stag model 6 to test it on a non bca receiver. That rifle is a tac driver and I have plenty of .223 components.

Hard to believe group poi will shift 2.5" after just sitting on n the bench for 15 min. then shift again but potentially be dead on the next day. It does what my Trails did.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI think I might dump the dealer instead.

Made that comment to a buddy earlier.

+1, that's a terrible dealer attitude. Geez.

I think you've done your due diligence, just thinking about it, a mount shift should show up within the groups, not from one group to the next.

Super disappointing, everyone here I think wishes it was something simple or an "aha" moment revealed itself.

I've got it on my Stag. Mount nut is backed off ten clicks from max tight to get good lever cam over. It needed to be six clicks from tight to get the same cam over on the bca rail. Now to see if can muster the ambition to get off the couch and out into the 18 deg. snow to zero.

You are correct, it would make sense it could be the mount/rail if it got banged around a lot, etc and moved. Just sitting for 15 minutes and shooting, seems kind of odd that it would have an impact. Let us know how it goes.

It was 5" or so high and maybe an inch left at 50 yards on a fresh G2 profile. After a couple adjustments I had it dead center at 50 so I moved to my 100 yard bench.
I ended up at -1.62 and 10.26 and elevation is dead on to a half inch high but it's still .75" ish left and one more base clicks takes me too far right by an inch or so. The last couple moves down seem to move it left the amount that took me off of center. This load was very accurate whenever I tried it last summer and the groups were pretty poor tonight (1.25"ish) for whatever reason but I think it will at least tell me if it's shifting.
Its 20 degrees tonight so I will try it warm out of house tomorrow and then after it sits on the bench for 15 min.

Last edited:
Left and right was good warm out of house a bit ago but about 3" lower than last night's zero.
I will shoot it cold but there is no doubt the unit has issues.

Last edited:
Back