This may sound ridiculous to some people.. and I may get smoked for this comment lol..

The “heavier bullet bucking the wind better” I can see the theory. But I’m science, and I’m reality, I don’t see that being the case.

A 32gr or 40gr bullet going 4000+ would “buck the wind” better than a 60,70,80gr bullet. Less surface area, less drag. And speed, speed plays a huge roll for me. The faster it gets there, the less time it’s in the air, which means the less time it has to be effected by the wind.

I dunno if that makes a lick of sense to anyone. But I’ve shot thousands of rounds, with people like my gunsmith, who’s broke multiple world records.. and he lives, eats, sleeps, and breathes LR and ELR shooting.

A bullet going 4000fps is going to get to the target faster than a bullet going 3500. That’s a given. Which means it’s in the air less time, and means it has less time for air to effect it.

My 204 shooting 10gr less bullet weight, doesn’t drift NEAR as far, as my 223. Or even my 220 swift for that matter.

Speed Kills

Rem700 - 223AI
M77 - 220 Swift
Rem700 - 204 AI
CZ527 - 17 rem
Rem700 - 243AI