Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables

price

How many of you guys use the rechargeable battery packs in your foxpro calls? I’m debating between using disposables or buying a rechargeable lithium pack

You'll probably get better run time with the lithium pack than disposable alkalinebatteries. You could always pick up a battery tray for emergency back up.

I've used disposables alkaline batteries for years and would buy them in the one hundred pack because I didn't have charging capabilities. This past summer I bought this summer I found an eight place charger that plugs into my solar panel, I keep a spare set always charged. I'm really liking these.

I had a rechargeable battery pack once, it always seemed to be spent when I needed it and no place to recharge or took too long to charge and bought replacement multi-battery packs for it and just kept a couple ready to go in the bag.

If you have a place to charge and remember to do it a built in rechargeable pack is nice otherwise I'd go with individual battery packs and and rechargeable batteries or in a pinch disposable alkalines will work.

You can find battery holders from on to 10 batteries at Mouser Electric or Amazon..

I've used disposables alkaline batteries for years and would buy them in the one hundred pack because I didn't have charging capabilities. This past summer I bought this summer I found an eight place charger that plugs into my solar panel, I keep a spare set always charged. I'm really liking these.

I had a rechargeable battery pack once, it always seemed to be spent when I needed it and no place to recharge or took too long to charge and bought replacement multi-battery packs for it and just kept a couple ready to go in the bag.

If you have a place to charge and remember to do it a built in rechargeable pack is nice otherwise I'd go with individual battery packs and and rechargeable batteries or in a pinch disposable alkalines will work.

You can find battery holders from on to 10 batteries at Mouser Electric or Amazon.. so you can have multiple pre-loaded packs ready to go.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aa+battery+holder&crid=21LZLWP08JWQU&sprefix=AA+battery+%2Caps%2C181&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_6_11

I can see having some backup if you're out camping away from electricity. But if you're just going out for a day, or even two at a time, the battery pack is the way to fly imo. Even then having your battery tray loaded and ready for backup is a wise move.

FOXPRO Fusion internal wiring isn't indestructible! use battery pack-- come home from hunting,, plug in the charger, ready for next hunt, always carry spare batteries that are seldom used-----but super appreciated for that freak occurrence

Last edited:
I have used the same set of rechargeable Sanyo Eneloop AA's in mine for YEARS.

I just leave them in the Scorpion and plug it in at home. I can also use the $20 cig. lighter plug in inverter in my truck if I just want to keep it topped off. Never have fully discharged them during a day of calling but I do have 8 standard AA's in my bag just in case.

I have a few sets of rechargeables that I use. I need to find a charger that plugs in to my Banshee instead having to take them out to charge but couldn't imagine using regular alkaline batteries

I have Rayovac rechargeable batteries I’ve used for years. I’m about to order some higher MaH batteries from Amazon. I can see how a pack might be nice, but I have enough recharge able batteries that I’m set.

I've been slowly transitioning to re-chargeable batteries. 2 years ago I my 2 youngest kids to call coyotes, got on the stand, set up the call and it wouldn't turn on, dead batteries. Since then I keep enough batteries in the backpack to run the call and the remote.

Having kids with flashlights and walkie-talkies, rechargeable batteries are probably saving me money.

I use the FoxPro rechargeable batteries and carry Duracell's in the truck as back up.

I hunted hunted all day and night using the rechargeables many time and never went dead.

I have free AA batteries for life, so that's what we use in our shockwave and fX5.
We put in new ones every morning of a hunt and when it's COLD we will replace them at about noon. Never had a problem.

I use Energizer lithium disposable batteries and they last almost all winter if I'm busy hunting full moons with buddies, and when they stop working in the call they still have enough juice to run the remote for awhile.

Originally Posted By: jcs271I have used the same set of rechargeable Sanyo Eneloop AA's in mine for YEARS.

I just leave them in the Scorpion and plug it in at home. I can also use the $20 cig. lighter plug in inverter in my truck if I just want to keep it topped off. Never have fully discharged them during a day of calling but I do have 8 standard AA's in my bag just in case.
Same here

My older foxpro had recharable and i now have a inferno having to replace batteries and Im selling it to upgrade to the new Hi jack with rechargeble best way to go I think

I’ve gone through 2 sets of the fox pro rechargeables in my fusion. I bet I got 2 hunts out of both of them. They’re complete garbage that crap out of you look at them wrong. I’ve just been running lithium’s but only get 2-3 days of hunting off them in the cold so probably looking into the enelope pro rechargeable nimhs

Back