6.8 SPC 90 g. bullet 12.5" ARP barrel. What is the fastest MV FPS you've seen?

MPFD

Title says it all. I'm interested. I have one that doesn't want to seem to break 2600 fps without ruining brass.

Last edited:
My ARP 12.5 with 90tnt is running 2708 at its accuracy node. I know I’m not at pressure and never measured velocity at max pressure because it didn’t shoot good there.

Originally Posted By: MPFDTitle says it all. I'm interested. I have one that doesn't want to seem to break 2600 fps without ruining brass.

In my 12.5” arp 6.8 barrel I was seeing over 2700 I thought. With the 90 grain federal xm68gd. It was Saudi or Jordanian military contract overrun ammo if I remember right. That barrel setup in an ar15 pistol, with PRI magazines, and xm68gd ammo has become my travel companion. Packs a good punch in a small lighter weight package. It comes along in the side by side, and in the vehicle wherever we travel, close or across the nation.

I couldn't get the speed I wanted with my can on there without trashing brass, I'm going back to 16" if anyone is interested in my 12.5" it's in the classifieds. I got great accuracy ands decent speed till I put my AAC 7.62 SD on it. If you have a flow through can it may be alot better.

Ever try cutting the back with a adjustable gas block or BCG? My 16" and 12.5" is rough on federal brass no matter what, everything else is better.

Last edited:
Back