6x45 Load data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Satern/Liberty barrel in 8 twist, also 20" and it shoots the 55-60 class of bullets fine. Also cleans up very nicely with no coppering. I think they are about $250 currently.

Not the same but any loads for 25/45 Sharps?? Some other website better for that one??

And what about 6.5 /223??

Thank you al'

Last edited:
This particular thread got me to join predator masters. I got a CZ 527 in 6x45 24” barrel 1/9 twist. I shoot 65gr v max, 26.5 gr benchmark,FC brass, Tula SM Rifle Mag primers (very important, switching to FGMM primers opens group up)and a oal of 2.246 3130 fps

Originally Posted By: Mblackmon4 I got a CZ 527 in 6x45 24” barrel 1/9 twist.
Man, that is what I have wanted for some time. I’ll bet that is a sweet little rifle. What barrel did you use?

I did the same to a Howa I had in 223 Rem that had a bull barrel and was way too heavy. Had my gunsmith rebarrel it with a Douglas SS barrel in 6x45 and am now shooting many different loads to see which shoots best. Very interested in the load data here if I can figure out how to download it.

Originally Posted By: Steve Timm

Originally Posted By: pcammoI am compiling a load book for the 6x45. Currently, I have 945 loads for everything from 55gr bullets up to 100gr bullets. If you will share with me your load data, I will include it in the book. I will then post the book here. If you wish to help out, please include as much information as possible about the load and firearm. Thanks,
John

Steve, Read that article in the Wolfe "Wildcat Cartridge" giant book and your closing sentence nailed it for me. I've acquired the "fever" for the 6x45. I had an older Howa in .223 that I rebarreled with a Douglas 24" bbl and put in a Stockey's Carbon I got cheap as it had cosmetic issues. After getting it water transferred in a Kuiu camo it turned out very nice. I've recently subscribed here and am looking forward to the final pdf of load data. Your article fired me up, thanks.

John,

If you have access to Handloader magazines, I wrote a feature article on the 6X45. The name of the article is Kimber's 6X45 - A Sensible Wildcat and it was published in Handloader Issue 131, January-February 1988, pages 48 to 52.

I assure you that I'm one of the honest gunwriters, one who actually shoots. All of the data I listed in the article was carefully developed at the range and it was safe in the three rifles I borrowed from Kimber of Oregon. One of the rifles shot so danged well that I bought it.

My 6X45 article was re-printed in that huge and wonderful book by Wolfe Publishing, Wildcat Cartridges - Volume II. It appears in its full published version on pages 857 to 859.

Interestingly enough, Wolfe Publishing screwed all of their writers when publishing Wildcat Cartridges - Volume II. We sell "first publishing rights" to our articles and if the piece is re-printed, the publisher is lawfully obliged to pay for any subsequent publishing. Wolfe absolutely did not pay for re-publishing. That was about the last time I trusted an editor.

If you are unsuccessful in finding my 6X45 article, just ask and and give me your physical address; I'll send you an autographed hard-copy by snail mail, with my total compliments.

Good luck with the load book on this fabulous cartridge.

Best wishes,

Steve Timm

Originally Posted By: SantaFePaulOriginally Posted By: GLShooterHere's a current file on the 6X45 load data as the posting is five pages back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzuroq2iOSD7S2JDRFFYMFQtRTg/view?pli=1

Greg

Why do I need access to get this file? How do I get the access?

Because it belongs to the poster who has made it that way. Just request it and wait. I think I have the file downloaded. Send me a PM. with your email and I'll dig it up tomorrow and send it.

Greg

Anyone try leverevolution powder?
It gets good velocity in my arc thinking it would be good in 6x45.

Originally Posted By: LexAnyone try leverevolution powder?
It gets good velocity in my arc thinking it would be good in 6x45.

I would think it's burn rate is a bit slow for the 6x45 unless you decide to run heavies.

I have found Benchmark, AA2015, & H322 to work quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back