Any thoughts for a tiny light

randy merta

I’m looking for a tiny light I can mount on my AR like some type of M lok device. I would like this light to be handy for walking in the dark and you cross a small ditch or fence, for looking at your buttons on your scanner, finding your just fired brass and minor stuff like that. I’m looking for something very small that’s bright but pin point bright.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

My daughter got me a thing called glovelite. It doesn’t attach to the gun , it goes over your thumb and index finger. Small pin point lights that I think would be handier than a gun attached light. Something to think about.

Fwiw I use the niteyes headlamp and with the red light I use it for walking in and out and for getting set up. You can set it low so your not throwing much light out and eyes just glow at night. Very handy and worth every penny.

Not what your looking for but I use a coast headlight with a reostat on the battery pack. It can be turned down very dim or very bright. I used the bright tonight to find a coyote in the weeds.

a weapon mounted light makes a horrible scanning light. having to swing your firearm around to illuminate while trying to walk or search for an item sucks like no other.

as noted a headlamp or some other solution is probably going to more of what you're looking for.

weapons mounted lights are for illuminating a target you're ready to shoot for the most part

hth

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I have about a dozen of various headlamps. I’m looking for a tiny pin light that I can attach to my rifle magnetically or Velcro or?

Originally Posted By: randy mertaThanks for the replies and suggestions. I have about a dozen of various headlamps. I’m looking for a tiny pin light that I can attach to my rifle magnetically or Velcro or?

so.. you're looking for something that can be attached, but is also relatively easily removeable?

Maybe velcro one of the small lights that fit on a hat brim to your setup. That way it can be taken off and used. And not have to point your gun at your hunt buddy when he says shine your light here so I can tie my bootlace please. Or what about a small flashlight on a duck call lanyard around your neck. I use that setup nearly everyday. Likely a million ways to skin this cat.

Originally Posted By: randy mertaI’m looking for a tiny light I can mount on my AR like some type of M lok device. I would like this light to be handy for walking in the dark and you cross a small ditch or fence, for looking at your buttons on your scanner, finding your just fired brass and minor stuff like that. I’m looking for something very small that’s bright but pin point bright.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I use these on my stalking rigs. I normally blind stalk when I am close to hogs but it's good to have a light to use in the thick stuff. Plenty of rattlesnakes and moccasins in the areas I hunt.

They put out just enough light to see where you are stepping especially mounted at the end of your weapon so you can more or less point it where needed. It slides onto a short M-lok rail and is held on by a screw.

http://www.night-evolution.com/e/action/ShowInfo.php?classid=58&id=62

Check for "tactical helmet light" on eBay for other versions.

UjTAOnl.jpg
1FHNl5N.jpg

Last edited:
Back