Muck type boots help

kooman

I love the muck type boots but I had a pair of muck wetland boots and my heels slip in them and wore through the fabric quickly, causing instant blisters when I wear them now. Anyone else have this problem? Are there any other brands that would be better from the heel slipping? I love everything about this type of boot but I don’t want to buy another set without knowing for sure if it will work for me or not.

I used to buy one pair of mucks a year for work. They would last me through the cold season and be falling apart towards the end. I tried a pair of Bogs and I’m on the 4th year with them. I’ll stick with the Bogs. Less expensive and they last longer.

I wore Alpha Burley's for a couple years and thought they were good until I got a pair of Muck boots. I haven't worn the Alpha's since. My Mucks were mid grade and were good and comfortable from the get go. Not heavy at all.

I hope 'muck type' dont mean MUCK brand.

Muck brand gives thousands $$ to anti gun groups. Dont help em destroy us.. Same for LEVIS....

Originally Posted By: koomanI love the muck type boots but I had a pair of muck wetland boots and my heels slip in them and wore through the fabric quickly, causing instant blisters when I wear them now. Anyone else have this problem? Are there any other brands that would be better from the heel slipping? I love everything about this type of boot but I don’t want to buy another set without knowing for sure if it will work for me or not.
I picked up two pairs of dryshod boots there made by the original owner of muck boots.i have a pair for mild weather called southland i use for spring turkey and early bow season and a pair of nosho gusset xt for winter.i've beat the heck out of the gusset's this winter so far and there holding up great.
https://dryshodusa.com/

Last edited:
Funny you say that Chuck. They’re catalog for this year has a picture of men and woman shooting at a range ? I’ll give a vote for muck boots. I’ve also been wearing them for years, everyday day. They have a handful of new styles coming out this spring/summer.

Originally Posted By: .17mistFunny you say that Chuck. They’re catalog for this year has a picture of men and woman shooting at a range ? I’ll give a vote for muck boots. I’ve also been wearing them for years, everyday day. They have a handful of new styles coming out this spring/summer.

If your referring about my post-they may show people at a range but CO management are still anti GUN and lots of shooters/hunters/trappers buy the stuff and help em to bury us.

DONT DO IT. Ive even expressed my displeasure at gun shops for selling MUCK and YETIs that same.

Just because it aint common knowledge dont mean it dont happen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: whyI wore Alpha Burley's for a couple years and thought they were good until I got a pair of Muck boots. I haven't worn the Alpha's since. My Mucks were mid grade and were good and comfortable from the get go. Not heavy at all.

I have both and seem to wear the Mucks the most unless it gets really cold. Then I wear the Burley's.

I’ve always had good luck with Lacrosse. Go to a store that has good variety and try them on with the socks you’ll be most likely to wear with them. I’ve worn holes in Lacrosse too, I think it’s the nature of the beast.

Back