Pulled Over in Texas

redhaze

Two Roughnecks from North Dakota were on a trip to South Texas to sign on with a new drilling contractor when they were pulled over by a State Trooper.

The trooper walked up and tapped on the driver-side window with his nightstick.

The Roughneck rolled down the window and WHACK, the trooper smacked him in the head with his nightstick.

“What the heck was that for?” the Roughneck asked.

“You’re in Texas,” the trooper answered. “When we pull you over in Texas, you better have your license ready by the time we get to your car.”

The trooper ran a check on the license and the Roughneck was clean, so he gave him his license back.

The trooper then walked around to the passenger side and tapped on the window and the other Roughneck rolled down the window and “WHACK”, the trooper smacked him on the head with the nightstick.

“What’d you do that for?” the other Roughneck demanded.

“Making your wish come true,” replied the trooper.

“Making WHAT wish come true?” the Roughneck asked.

“I know you Roughneck types,” The trooper said. “A hundred feet down the road, you would’ve turned to your buddy and said… “I wish that SOB would’ve tried that on me!”

lol.gif

Reminds me of another DPS story.

Fellow bought a new Red Lamborghini and naturally couldn't wait to get it on an open road to see what it would do.

He was just getting it wound up when he saw the DPS falling in behind with the lights on, and decided that the cruiser couldn't keep up, so kicked it up a notch or two.

To his surprise, the DPS kept up, so he gave it more gas. Somewhere along the line, he got to thinking about it and decided rather than really open it up, the better part of valor would to be to stop and take his medicine, so he pulled over.

The officer walked up to his door and asked for his driver's license. Without looking up, he said, "I'm off shift in five minutes and really don't want to write another ticket today, so, if you can give me an excuse I've never heard before, I'll let you go.

The Lamborghini driver didn't bat an eye and responded, "Well, sir, my wife ran off with a DPS officer last week, and when I saw your bubble gum machine in my rear view mirror, I just knew it was him bringing her back!

Back