Proud Dad

Bowhntr6pt

My son's friend helped him locate and stalk to within 350 yards to make a kill on this Mule Deer. and they did it on public land in WY.

It's my son's first time hunting big game out west. Before the hunt he asked if I could help him money wise with a mount if he shot one worthy of mounting ... I said absolutely. Well, I forked over $400 to get the ball rolling lol... I'd gladly do it again as I know that hunt meant a lot to my son.

A big thanks to his friend who put in a lot of work to make this happen, I made sure my son realized what was involved. I had the pleasure of meeting my son's friend in person when we were out there last month the day after he had made a nice bow kill, which he had the head in his truck and I got to see it.

Due to his earlier scouting and hunting he knew where my son might score a buck and didn't hesitate to share the area. That's a true sportsman and D@mn fine young man.

Heck far, Bob! I'd be proud too. Nice looking buck right there.

This your boy in the military? Air Force, right? You be sure to give him a congrats for me and thank him for me for his service to his country.

BTW, what did he nail him with? 350 yards? That's a fair poke right there!

Originally Posted By: RustydustHeck far, Bob! I'd be proud too. Nice looking buck right there.

This your boy in the military? Air Force, right? You be sure to give him a congrats for me and thank him for me for his service to his country.

BTW, what did he nail him with? 350 yards? That's a fair poke right there!

Thanks Russ... yes, he's in the AF stationed out there. I'll pass on the congrats.

He used a Marlin XS-7 in 7mm-08 and Nosler brand ammo. He's shot some MOA groups with that inexpensive rifle at 300 before so he believed the shot was doable.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamGood going. Pass along some more congrats and a thanks for his service.

Will do... thank you Sir.

You must have taught him to shoot, unless the AF has improved their marksmanship training in the last 60 years.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Just pokin' some fun at the AF from an old ground pounder.
grin.gif

Seriously, that's nice shooting; pass along some more congrats and thanks for his service.

Regards,
hm

And PROUD you should be. Your son with a Dang fine buck and in the AF to boot. Thanks for sharing your and his good fortune. CONGRATS all around.

Back