Fast form 4 turnaround

Tgunz64

Ordered my first can Jan 20th I believe. Dealer received it Feb 18. (Took a little time for me to get my prints). Ordered my 2nd can in March. Got the call this afternoon both form 4’s received and I can pick them up. Not too shabby! Guess I’ll get to use them this year after all!

I sent everything in January 14th...got the call yesterday that the stamp was in. Went today and they had to do the 4473 form and it got delayed...[beeep]!?? They take 6 1/2 months to do all this, background check and stamp is approved and still have to fill out a 4473 form...this is the craziest thing I've heard and then after the 6.5 month wait, it gets delayed. Go figure. Will be able to get it by Saturday at the latest.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonI sent everything in January 14th...got the call yesterday that the stamp was in. Went today and they had to do the 4473 form and it got delayed...[beeep]!?? They take 6 1/2 months to do all this, background check and stamp is approved and still have to fill out a 4473 form...this is the craziest thing I've heard and then after the 6.5 month wait, it gets delayed. Go figure. Will be able to get it by Saturday at the latest.

Who is your dealer? Ask them if they know what the [beeep] they are doing, or if they are just planning on demoing your can all week while your 4473 is "delayed".

On the new 4473's, bottom of page 2, Check box #28... No NICS check is required because a background check was completed during the NFA approval process on the individual who will receive the NFA firearm(s), as reflected on the approved NFA application.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: G AndersonI sent everything in January 14th...got the call yesterday that the stamp was in. Went today and they had to do the 4473 form and it got delayed...[beeep]!?? They take 6 1/2 months to do all this, background check and stamp is approved and still have to fill out a 4473 form...this is the craziest thing I've heard and then after the 6.5 month wait, it gets delayed. Go figure. Will be able to get it by Saturday at the latest.

Who is your dealer? Ask them if they know what the [beeep] they are doing, or if they are just planning on demoing your can all week while your 4473 is "delayed".

On the new 4473's, bottom of page 2, Check box #28... No NICS check is required because a background check was completed during the NFA approval process on the individual who will receive the NFA firearm(s), as reflected on the approved NFA application.

Skinney, thanks for that info. I looked up the new form and it is now question 20 on the second page...or at least this is the form that the dealer is using. I will call him tomorrow and discuss. Thanks

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: G AndersonI sent everything in January 14th...got the call yesterday that the stamp was in. Went today and they had to do the 4473 form and it got delayed...[beeep]!?? They take 6 1/2 months to do all this, background check and stamp is approved and still have to fill out a 4473 form...this is the craziest thing I've heard and then after the 6.5 month wait, it gets delayed. Go figure. Will be able to get it by Saturday at the latest.

Skinney, I have another question regarding the 4473 form...if they check the box "no NICS check is required" do they still have to "call" it in or do they just file the form in their files?

Originally Posted By: G Anderson

Skinney, thanks for that info. I looked up the new form and it is now question 20 on the second page...or at least this is the form that the dealer is using. I will call him tomorrow and discuss. Thanks

That's the old form, I just threw about 10 of them away... The new form it's page 2, question 28. The ATF just came out with them about a week ago, and there probably is no info on them online yet. However your dealer probably is still using the older form you are talking about, and we weren't required to use the new 4473's until they are readily available.

Skinney, I have another question regarding the 4473 form...if they check the box "no NICS check is required" do they still have to "call" it in or do they just file the form in their files?

They Have to check the box "No NICS Check is Required" it's an NFA transfer and you have already completed an extensive BG check with multiple fingerprints and photo ID's. They are taking steps that don't need to be taken. All they need to do is mark the box and keep the 4473 for their records, and log the can from their A&D's out to you. Done. You should of had the can the day your stamp was in your dealers hands.

I have my customers fill out a 4473, then I make a copy of all the pages of the approved form 4, put the copies of the approved form 4 in the completed 4473 (for my records) put them in my Firearms Record Book, and my customer takes the suppressor, no NICS, no calls, no added wait time.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: G Anderson

That's the old form, I just threw about 10 of them away... The new form it's page 2, question 28. The ATF just came out with them about a week ago, and there probably is no info on them online yet. However your dealer probably is still using the older form you are talking about, and we weren't required to use the new 4473's until they are readily available.

They Have to check the box "No NICS Check is Required" it's an NFA transfer and you have already completed an extensive BG check with multiple fingerprints and photo ID's. They are taking steps that don't need to be taken. All they need to do is mark the box and keep the 4473 for their records, and log the can from their A&D's out to you. Done. You should of had the can the day your stamp was in your dealers hands.

I have my customers fill out a 4473, then I make a copy of all the pages of the approved form 4, put the copies of the approved form 4 in the completed 4473 (for my records) put them in my Firearms Record Book, and my customer takes the suppressor, no NICS, no calls, no added wait time.
Skinney, I called the dealer back yesterday after your post...he basically said that he does the NICS check to "cover his a$$"...I told him it clearly states that the NICS is not required, but he started in about how he did not know if during the 6.5 month wait time on the stamp whether or not I maybe had been arrested and that every other dealer he talked to said they did the same thing to "cover their a$$". I said, why would the ATF put it on the form and spell it out for you if they didn't want you to use it? Answer was, that's the way he wants to do it and he isn't going to change.
So this morning I called ATF at 9am sharp and explained the situation about the dealer...the lady kind of laughed and said "what the heck does he think it is on the form for" and "why does he think he has to cover his a$$?" She said he is just wasting everyone's time and adding more to it than what needs to be done. Ironically, an hour and half later I get a call from the dealer to come and get my suppressor...when I picked it up I could sense some tension in his demeanor. Have to wonder if the lady made a phone call or not.
Anyway, I got it and will be trying it out tomorrow. Being that this is my first can, I hope it is everything I expect it to be.

Sent paperwork for for Dead Air Mask 11/25/19 sent paperwork for Dead Air Sandman L 1/25/20 picked up both from dealer 4/4/20. Just sent paperwork for another Mask and Sandman S on 9/9/20. Hope to get back like others. My dealer said that was the fastest turn around time he had seen for his customers. I was totally shocked when I got the call. These things are addictive, hard to not shoot suppressed.

Back