ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Saker 762 ASR QD.
Ya me.
thumbup.gif

This was emailed to me from silencer central
As you are well aware, the coronavirus is disrupting nearly every facet of society. Last Friday, ASA released a statement regarding the ATF and the potential impact on NFA processing times.

Here is what we know:
NFA Division is operating as normal.
As this time, West Virginia (where the NFA Division is located) has no confirmed cases of coronavirus.
NFA Division is assessing which examiners and contractors will be able to work remote if necessary, and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the transition to remote processing is seamless.

Went through Silencer Central, paid for 10/4/19 approved 3/4/20. They were backed up due to the virus but did receive it early April.

Went through the Silencer Shop kiosk, using a trust. Bought on 10/25/19, Picked up my TBAC Ultra 9 and Silencerco Switchback XT today, 4/25/20.

I find this process to be so outrageous the way it is being ran !!!

I’m happy for the guys that are getting their cans really fast but what about the many that have been waiting for months, nearly a year for me ?

What happened to the lawsuit to eliminate this BS process ?? Has there been any progress ??

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickI find this process to be so outrageous the way it is being ran !!!

I’m happy for the guys that are getting their cans really fast but what about the many that have been waiting for months, nearly a year for me ?

What happened to the lawsuit to eliminate this BS process ?? Has there been any progress ??

HPA = Hearing Protection Act

On a back burner!

The Federal Government uses it as a Profit center.

$200 tax stamp, suppressor taxes etc....... Job security maybe?

I currently have 2 and waiting on my 3rd.

5/08/20 The wait is finally over, just picked up the Silencerco Harvester.
Form 4 trust
Purchased 6/5/19 from Silencershop.com
Check cashed 7/03/19

What a rip off at a cost of $200 each for a tax stamp then almost a years wait just for a muffler for a firearm !!

Good luck to all of you waiting on this ridiculous process !

Purchased a banish 30 Feb 11 2019.
Went pending May 28th 2019.
Stamp approved April 1 2020.
Contacted by silencer central for transfer May 4th, and I immediately mailed required paperwork.
Hoping to have it in hand soon.

Silencer co page gives date of when my check was cashed. I called for an update from gov yesterday and they said “status pending”. Is that the majority of waiting time or would they have listed same as silencer co page?

I talked to a dealer yesterday about a suppressor and he said most all of his suppressor paperwork is averaging 8 months. Sounds quick to me.

Purchased at dealer 11/13/2019. Payment cleared ATF a week later. Stamp at dealer 6/10/2020. Form 4 Trust. Just under 7 months.

Originally Posted By: DonkeynutzSilencer co page gives date of when my check was cashed. I called for an update from gov yesterday and they said “status pending”. Is that the majority of waiting time or would they have listed same as silencer co page?

You received the standard answer.

Christmas in July!
Sandman K
Purchased 11-30-19
Check cashed 12-19-19
Approved 6-3-20

Turbo K
Purchased 2/14/20
Check cashed 3-4-20
Approved 6-11-20
Picked up both stamps from Dealer 7-4-20!! Freedom!

Back