Pulsar Digex NV Scope

They're due to be released in about a month,i've already ordered mine the 455 with invisible ir,more suitable to my needs than thermal.Getting mine from Sightmark in Texas.The display will be black and white,not green.

I see that it is rated for 12 gauge which is good for those wanting something for a shotgun.

4-16 seems a bit high for close range work.

Looks good. What will the models cost?

Ohio, looking forward to your review and how well the 940nm illuminator works with this scope.

Tx, the 4x does appear to be a bit high for closer ranges. The field of view is not all that great, but I can see it working well for bait sites at extended ranges or for calling distant coyotes.

Pulsar makes good stuff,I plan on scanning with a Pulsar NV monocular ,and in some instances my Wicked light,shots will vary,75 to 300 at most. Sightmark is fabulous,I sent my thermal back after having it two weeks and no questions asked,FULL refund. I like NV better.

Hey Ohio, I'm really interested in these as well. I had seen a statement though that suggested the completely invisible IR greatly reduces your range... ability to identify and properly ID targets. I would be curious to know what you were told the difference between these IR options will be, and what distance you are typically taking your coyotes? Here in the East, we have lots of small fields bounded by stone fences and tree lines, but then we also have some large open areas as well. I was hoping for something that could detect them to 500 and positively ID to at least 250-300 yards.

Don't believe all you hear, range reduction is 50 yards maximum,with the invisible ir,with the visible one ,1 coyote in 1000 would spook from it's the,human predators who could make you.As for range one is 550 meters,one 500,I can identify my target at 200 yards easily with a $400 NV,the nite owl,the Pulsar will do just fine. Seldom have I ever taken a shot over 200 yards at night,most are under 100,nightime predators are easy at night for the most part they feel safe in darkness,proof being I've had dozens literally run over top of me responding to a call,so much so that the shot couldn't be taken ,unless I had my shotgun. Don't overthink this thing,coyotes at night with thermal or NV are fairly easy ,for the most part,your take will double with either.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I've got an old Rem 700 BDL in .222 that I think this new DIGEX would go up great on, to become a dedicated night hunting setup. Hope they have some supply by the time I get my money together. I definitely like paying a regular quality scope price for one of these versus 4-5K for a halfway decent thermal. I've seen the video on them and I am very interested. The 222 even with 40 v-max's isn't going to be point and click past about 250 yards anyway so I like your thinking. Will be very anxious to see what you think of yours once you get it and can try it out. Thanks.

Talked to their LE division rep today and went ahead and ordered one. I'll be updating with my review when it comes in. Usually I wait for such claims that seem to be the "next step" in technology upgrades so we shall see. Went with the 940nm (invisible) IR. Might eventually get the 850nm and mount on the other side of the scope so would have the option and be able to compare the two while actually out hunting. Battery life is estimated to be around 4 hours but looks like they are easily changed out if you pick up a spare battery or two. Probably a way to run an external battery off of I would think as well. I usually dont spend more than 4 hours a night out hunting anyway so that works for me. Plus its traditional scope dimensions allow easy mounting on a bolt gun compared to some NV and thermals.

Supposed to be totally waterproof and weather resistant and thats a step up compared to others as far as I know.

As much as I like thermal(use the SCION for scanning), I'm still not sold on being able to positively discern between a large fox and a small yote (or domestic dog) in my AO at 100 yards or further. When I pull the trigger I have to be 100% of what I'm shooting at and digital does that for me.

Burn, what will the "listed" price be of the scope? I assume you got a LE discount, but what about us other types? What will we pay?

Hey 6mm, I'm not sure except what Weekender mentioned above seeing them listed for $1200. I asked them if they'd send me one for T&E for my department, but they dont have any in as of yet and have already started pre-orders and said they had a boat load coming in soon. Didnt want to wait so I figured I'd just go ahead and buy one and get it going. This year is going to be expensive for me. Already picked up a SCION scanner, now the Digix, and fixing to order a Hogster-R 35mm. I'm getting older and REALLY like night hunting so I say what the heck....plus, my dad died the end of January and it kind of changed my thinking on things, so I do what I want and be dammed the price! Going to get after some wolf up in Montana this November hopefully, and wack a few yotes around my AO here in Georgia in the meantime
smile.gif

6mm - sent you a PM sir

Last edited:

Thanks Burn. Sorry to hear about your Dad, and I know exactly how you feel about living a little regardless of the cost. I too want to enjoy life a little while I still have the health and ability.

The wolf hunt sounds exciting. I wish you well with that. Also, I will be anxiously awaiting your reviews of the Digex.

I to am dealing with the LE rep in Mansfield Texas,great and knowledgeable people,however they have my nostrils flared with the F455 forward night vision transferable to different weapons of your choice in seconds. Great specs ,i'll make a final decision next week,my rep in in san Antonio for a show.

Amen brother you can't take it with you,condolences on the passing of your dad,when ones dad dies it wakes you up,as most of us thought at one time dads lived forever. If you get a chance fill me in on the wolf hunt,i'd like to go and get one this year somewhere.

pmack, please point to any reviews - negative or positive, that you've seen on these if already out in the UK.

Burnsome, very sorry for your loss. I had to give up my Father a few years back - hard stuff. You're right though when it comes to investing a little in what you enjoy, while you can still enjoy it. I have 3 kids almost through college now so time to splurge a little I figure.

F455 looks interesting but at 1250 Euro's or whatever I heard in one video I saw out there on these, that's over 1400 in USD now. I know from having mounted lights to my scopes before, it definitely screws with your POI too so I can't see how this would really be any different. I'm still thinking I just want a dedicated setup for night hunting, one that I can zero and expect to hold zero then. That's what I've heard about some of the thermals too... they lose their zero. Not good.

Of course with all the good reviews on the Wraith HD, I'll be anxious to see what the new Wraith 4K looks like as well before making any final decisions here.

If anyone sees anything else that looks interesting coming out, please add on to this thread or create a new one. I'm sure that will happen, one way or the other. Great group here - appreciate everyone sharing their experience.

Back