Suppressed Armament systems

crapshoot

So what is it about SAS that people apparently don't like? You rarely if ever hear about them or them being recommend? Why?
No beef here. I happen to have 2 of their cans and have been pleased with them. But then again, i don't have much to compare them to either.
Just wondering.

Agreed. I have two and really like them I also have a Surefire 30 cal and I don't care for it. I think that because SAS doesn't work through the Silencer Shop they don't get as much press.

I recently bought two SAS cans, an Eadrom and a Sentinel, they are my first cans. I'm just starting the paperwork process so it will be a while before I get to shoot them and form an opinion on them. I got a great deal on them.

I did a lot of research talking to guys who had them as well as also owning the Thunderbeast and other popular suppressors and everyone who has them and has compared them spoke favorably about them. I talked to the owner of SAS at length and was impressed with the guy so I took the chance and bought them.

I also spoke at length with the dealer who sold me them, he also sells the YHM Turbo and the TBAC Ultra 7 223 which were two of the other ones I was considering.

I've had my S.A.S. sentinel for 9 years now and am as happy with it now as when I bought it. I don't know if it's simply marketing that they lack in or what, but seems that they are quality suppressors.

With that said I now have a TBAC 7 ultra in jail. Probably the main reason that I went with it and not another S.A.S. is the simple fact that my local dealer didn't have any S.A.S. on the shelf and he did have an Ultra.

I also have a SAS Sentinel I'm running on one of our night rigs, nice weight, length, and great sound suppression.

I can't help but think SAS reputation/sales was damaged by the drama they encountered a few years ago with the fall out they had with Mile High and another dealer of theirs that poured fuel on the fire, some even say started it, then fanned the flames.

I have two SAS cans, a Barricade and Vengeance, both have been very good cans.

I have an m-47 that i have had for years that gets run on several AR's (rifles and pistols/sbr), 221 fireball, 17 hmr, 22-250 and a Vengeance that gets used on a 300bo pistol, 7.62x39 pistol, 6.5cm, and a 7mm rm and soon to be 300wm.

I have 2 SAS cans and would put them up against any brand out there. Every time I shoot with other guys that are also suppressed they always comment how quite they are. I think it's all about advertising. SAS isn't all over social media with a bunch of kool-aid drinkers pumping there products.

I just compared an Arbiter I have had for several years against an Ultra 9 that just got out of jail. My SAS arbiter is a great can.

I have an Arbiter and it works great for me. When I am at the range with it I frequently have people that are shooting with a can come up and ask me about what I am using. Most seem to think it is quieter than theirs.

Originally Posted By: B23I can't help but think SAS reputation/sales was damaged by the drama they encountered a few years ago with the fall out they had with Mile High and another dealer of theirs that poured fuel on the fire, some even say started it, then fanned the flames.

I'm guessing this, too. I found a couple really good deals on a Sentinel and a Reaper at different dealers after that went down. I guess some dealers were really turned off and unloaded. Like you, I'm really happy with both cans.

Originally Posted By: B23I can't help but think SAS reputation/sales was damaged by the drama they encountered a few years ago with the fall out they had with Mile High and another dealer of theirs that poured fuel on the fire, some even say started it, then fanned the flames.

When I started researching buying my first can, I read through all the old posts on Snipers Hide and AR15. You have to read between the lines a bit to get a feeling about it all. Then I contacted some members here that owned multiple cans and talked to them on the phone. I talked to the owner at length and he was extremely nice and impressed me, so I took the plunge. Everyone who owns one that I talked to spoke very highly of them in comparison to all the other popular cans.

It started with the selling Demo suppressors with a full warranty and then the owner of another website and it's minions pilling on.

I was buying a Barricade and doing it direct when all of that started and the owner told me he wasn't backing the warranty unless he could inspect them before being sold.

I have two Barricades and switch them from my 6.5 to 223 all the time.
People at the Varmint Silhouette match that i put on say they think my suppressor is quieter than many of the other brands.

They were demo suppressors because they couldn't just take a can off the shelf and send it with confidence.
SAS damaged their own reputation. If it wasn't for Mile High there would be no SAS. To the untrained eye they look OK but to people that understand machining and welding they leave a lot to be desired. It didn't help with them posting a bunch of BS meter numbers either.
When they first came out with the MX series they said their 7" can was 10db better than the Ultra 7 and even better than the Ultra 9. You would have to know nothing at all to even think that was possible. To make such [beeep] claims to try to get sales just sucks [beeep]. Here is the video I did to show how off base they were with their claims. The MX turned out to be 4 dB louder than the Ultra 7. 4 dB is a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGcaecIPaM&t=28s

Sorry I get along with just about every suppressor company out there. Many of them send me their cans to test for them since we have one of the only three B&K PULSE systems in the country. I don't like seeing companies lie to people. SAS did it to themselves with very poor QC and lies as a marketing campaign. The crew at Mile High are awesome standup people. We were friends for years and they didn't even sell our cans because they were the reason there was a SAS. If the product was good they would still selling them.

Last edited:
Not everyone will agree, and that is fine. I will not wade into the SAS/MH/SH drama, as I only know what I have read on the interwebs.

I personally have 5 of SAS's cans and love them. They do exactly what I need them to do at a fair price. If there has ever been even the slightest issue,Tim has gone above and beyond on customer service. I am waiting on the stimulus check to help put a Reaper in the stable as well.

I have a SAS arbiter and it is absolutely as quiet as my omega , trash panda , thunder chicken, or sandstorm . It is actually one I hunt with the most.

I have three sas suppressors and ordered/bought another for my handgun a month or two ago. Zero problems with quality control and zero functioning problems. I would and will buy more.

Back