Out of Stock

pyscodog

I just looked on Powder Valley at Hodgdon powder and they are out of a bunch of powders-

4831,4831SC
50BMG
Clays
Retumbo
Varget

Thats a bunch of popular powders to be out of.

Hear that Varget is starting to trickle back on the market,was almost impossible to get it for a while.Heard rumors of H4350 getting hard to get also.

Last edited:
I have many lbs of powder on hand. Powder, primers, bullets, brass and several thousands of loaded rounds. Should reloading supplies stop becoming available today I would still be good for another decade or two. Good feeling giving how many hate filled left wing loonies are out there these days.

Hodgdon powders just had a post on their facebook page talking about the shortages. Even if you don't use Facebook anyone can go to a public page just Google "Hodgdon Powders Facebook" if you care to read it for yourselves. It really doesn't say much just that demand is hard to keep up with and especially hard to predict market demand at any given time. Also that they have been filling a government order. Or at least that's the jist I got.

I don't use a lot of H4350 but I guess I got caught napping and let mine get really low. I got a new 243 and wanted to use it for it. I have enough for a few trial rounds but if my luck is on par, it will love H4350. LOL. Guess I'll work around it till its on the racks again.

Originally Posted By: RustydustI have many lbs of powder on hand. Powder, primers, bullets, brass and several thousands of loaded rounds. Should reloading supplies stop becoming available today I would still be good for another decade or two. Good feeling giving how many hate filled left wing loonies are out there these days.

Same here

Powder valley just got Allianz powders in. But be prepared for the new price of $29.00 per pound! I was gonna stock up on rx10. Oh well

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: RustydustI have many lbs of powder on hand. Powder, primers, bullets, brass and several thousands of loaded rounds. Should reloading supplies stop becoming available today I would still be good for another decade or two. Good feeling giving how many hate filled left wing loonies are out there these days.

Same here

Me, too. I did check the powder magazine before I left home, since my travels will take me near Powder Valley. There was one commonly used powder, by me, that could use a new canister refresh, for the 20 year supply
rolleyes.gif
So I will put an order in before heading home, and swing by and see the nice folks at Powder Valley. I have a good supply of the Hodgdon powders that went scarce...Learned that lesson at least once before.

Squeeze

“Out of stock” shocker to some, and old news to others. Depends on how long you have been in the game and also where your interests lie. I have quite a bit of stock, but as new things show up, I need new powders, etc.

Still kicking my self for giving away some old 30/06 ammo years ago. It is collectible today..

I talked to the girl at Brunos in Phoenix just the other day and she said they don't expect Hodgdon powders in till May
w00t.gif

Tarey

I have a good supply of the Hodgdon powders that went scarce...Learned that lesson at least once before.

Squeeze [/quote]

Powders that I use a lot or show great accuracy I buy 5 to 8lbs of. I also learned that lesson from the past. You can add primers to that also.

In 243 using either a 95gr. or up I use RL26 exclusively. I load it in 5 243's. Accuracy and velocity out of 22" barrels is very very impressive.

Got 8 lb of H4350 for $185 OTD locally about 2.5 weeks ago. Same guy said Varget isnt being made yet, he said Hodgdon will do a run in the early spring and it will hit the market between May and July.

All I can say is to stay away from imr4064. It's a terrible powder that no-one should use. I think my rifle is the only one left that loves it.

Back