Interesting Leupold, Compact

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I have little Sako and thought the 2-7 compact that came on it was a little too much scope with a FOV of 41' on 2x but I haven't been able to find another scope with a small enough ocular lens housing ( just a hair over 1.25") to be able to use low rings on the Sako and the bolt handle not hit the scope.

[img:center][/img]

So, I know that the scope is no longer made and I doubt Leupold has parts to repair and nothing to match these dimention. I found another for a backup. it might be a good scope for a 527 also.

Last edited:
The problem is not the objective size but the ocular bell diameter and the bolt handle hitting it.

I tried the 1-4x30mm Leupold, the 2-7 Compact is a better fit.

[img:center][/img]

Last edited:
I have the same Leupold scope you have there, but its a 3-9 version, sits on a 10/22, i could be talked out of it. Pm if interested

Originally Posted By: greengt88I have the same Leupold scope you have there, but its a 3-9 version, sits on a 10/22, i could be talked out of it. Pm if interested

His 2-7 is too much-bet your 3-9 is worse!

I really like scopes for calling with around a 60' FOV, the little 2-7 has 42' while workable is a little restrictive. My favorite calling scopes are 1.5-6x40's on bolt guns where they can be mounted low and 1-4x20's on my combo guns where getting them even lower is good because the stocks are set up for iron sights.

Back