Any 20 Practical shooters tried this?

TaterTot

I was curious if anyone has attempted to load some plinking rounds with powders like Blue Dot, like has been done for a 223.

If so, would those rounds cycle in an AR platform?

I remember doing some reading a while back, and saw RustyDust had some loads worked up for a 223 and had some really good accuracy going.

I tried BD loads (12 grains) using the 40 grain bullet and they would not cycle in my AR. If I had stiffened the load a bit more they might have worked but then that would have taken away some of the reason to use lighter loads after all.

Nowadays I just use BD in my bolt guns. My .223, my .22/250, and my .243 all shoot amazingly well with it. Hard to believe how good it shoots. One of my shooting companions has a .223 that he built just for shooting Blue Dot in and it's an awesome shooter too. He just built a .20 Practical last year but dont think that he has tried any BD loads in it yet but would not be surprised if he does eventually.

Originally Posted By: Rustydust
Nowadays I just use BD in my bolt guns. My .223, my .22/250, and my .243 all shoot amazingly well with it. Hard to believe how good it shoots. One of my shooting companions has a .223 that he built just for shooting Blue Dot in and it's an awesome shooter too. He just built a .20 Practical last year but dont think that he has tried any BD loads in it yet but would not be surprised if he does eventually.

My buddy uses BD in his sage rat bolt gun, 223. Cheap and super accurate.

Back