Their pairing up.

Heymartay

Called in 2 sets of triples last night in n Illinois. Got 2 of 3 in the first group and blew it on the second group. Should’ve let them come all the way in and woofed them, my bad , still learning. We had fun though, buddy loves using the scanner.

We called in 2 singles and 2 pairs last night in 4 stands. I put one on spin cycle at 330 yards but he made it across the creek and up a steep hill. Had one get around downwind of us in the brush on the 2nd stand.
3rd stand we got out of the truck and two were mousing in a ditch. We got the female to commit and killed her.
4th stand had a pair come right in close through a wooded pasture and my buddy who is new to the night hunting didn't get the bolt closed all the way on the 22 Nosler and he just got a click. Then he miss the second one broadside up on the hillside. Going to have to check the xp50 poi this morning on my buddies rig.
They were not vocal last night but they were definitely out and about granted we were in some new unpressured spots.
Always fun when a newbie gets some trigger time in.

Last edited:
Congrats on your success. I hope I never get too old to learn something. Wife sometimes says I am a "know it all" but hey, what does she know lol.

I have a barn camera set up to watch a bait pile of road kill deer, saw the same thing early morning on the 17th. Had a pair come in together with the smaller(younger???) of the two trying to bull the other. Pryor two mornings they visited at different times.

I'm 120 miles west of you which seams odd to me we would see the same thing happening at the same time.

Back