2 Coyotes on Sunday

Seebass

Had a great morning calling coyotes on Sunday! Made 5 quick stands. Saw 4 coyotes total. Called in 3. Got lucky and shot 2!!

I jumped a coyote at 25 yards on the way to my first stand in the dark. Called in a pair that came in down wind to Mr. Cottontail at 16 minutes on my first stand. The female flared first and then the male followed. As he turned to leave I barked him to a stop at 75 yards.

Untitled by seebass7400, on Flickr

The 92g Cavity Back hit him solid breaking both front shoulders. An absolutely devastating bullet against coyotes!

On the third stand I started with Prairie Dog Distress and spotted this female at 1 minute 300 yards away coming in hot. When she got to 75 yards she flared as if something spooked her. As she was leaving I tried barking at her but she wasn’t looking back. I took a shot as she was running away at 125 yards and rolled her! I made a couple more blank stands before calling it a morning.

I shot the above coyote from the hill behind me

EDIT: Picture Resize

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: desert daveExcellent pics Carlos, thanks for sharing!

X2 on the above

Congrats on your success and thanks.

Thanks guys! It feels good getting back out in the field after the summer break I took.

Originally Posted By: ZWhat kind of vest are you wearing?

It’s the discontinued Cabela’s Speedy Yote Kickstand vest. I wish I would've bought a second when they were on clearance. Best vest I’ve ever used. I’m going to try the SlyDog Ground and Pound Chair next.

Great Pic!
BB.jpg

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobGreat shooting Carlos!

Thanks for posting the pictures too.

I will do a search on the Cavity Back bullets.

Thanks Bob! We have to hook up again soon! I’m shooting the 92g MKZ’s out of a factory 1:9 1/8 twist Remington 700 barrel. For being lead free they were very easy to find an accurate sub moa load for.

They are a bit expensive for some coyote shooters but I would definitely recommend at least trying them. You wont be disappointed!

Back