cancer.........

My future 22yr old son in law was recently diagnosed with cancer. The wedding is scheduled for next september. He has hunted with me... some of my future messages may be reflecting on his condition. He's going through chemo now...emotional time for the family and my daughter..... He has brain cancer and it's through his nervous system...prognosis is he will live, but it's a long road ahead.

His story:
he and my daughter are both A students at Mizzou. ready to graduate in december....he got sick. they already bought a house in Kansas City and they both have jobs before graduation...... Both have been absent for a long time and hope to graduated in december. Very stressful time for family. They've been in contact with professors and will graduate. Imagine...going to college for 3 3/4 years...then weeks/months before graduation...getting sick. They are homeowners...and they have an apartment in Columbia, and we are trying to close out the mess...(my wife is) I'm trying to work and do what I do...

My wife was a senior executive company officer that recently quit her job.......she traveled a lot and it got to be more over the years...so she needed a break...I get it...she deserves a break.

She was able to quit her job because I have a good job. Now I need to "Kick it up" and kick [beeep].... I am old and established... work in sales and do OK, but now the pressure is on. I need to kick-it-up...to another level. stressful time for the family...we'll be fine...

Big life changes..this is the point. Our biggest concern is my future son in law recovers from cancer. I'm just a coyote hunting enthusiast like you guys.... I want to be one of the team. I hope to be able to hunt with my future son in law........young kids/Cancer....we are praying for him.

Last edited:
KC, sounds like a rough patch to be in right now, but it is clear that JC has already given your soon to be son-in-law favor with men. The Bible simply says in Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?", and Proverbs 16:7 says, "When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him."

Prayers to you and yours! By His stripes, your future son-in-law is healed, Isa. 53.

We do do...thanks...

Tough road.. he's going through heavy chemo now... very sick, rough time for the family. My wife...love her so much, she's been not working for maybe a week or 2........... she's been working in their new house non stop...painting, remodeling things...etc..etc.. she cracks me up. She didn't leave the workforce for this reason, but she found her new purpose. She's working non-stop..... now helping the kids....she has ner new place now.

Cancer Treatment is at University of Kansas hospital.... they are high speed/low drag...... we know this is bad, but all we get from them is............."He's going to make it"...... very positive and we love that!!

Last edited:
Prayers for Your Son-In-Law from another Missourian...and Thank God for You & Your Wife helping Him and Your Daughter get thru this tough time!

My prayers are with him , and all of you . I had stage 4 cancer , and was given a 20% survival rate for 5 years . That was 27 years ago . A year of Chemo , 30 straight days of radiation , 3 surgeries . I’m still here . Men , do not speak much about the value of prayer . I can tell you prayers , I fully believe are what saved my life . I’m not dealing with the long term effects of the chemo , I have a damaged heart and CHF . I tell myself daily , things can be worse . I’m praying for all of you daily . I take one day at a time and don’t sweat the small stuff anymore . We are all by his and the families side if you need anything .

Back