Youtube Problem/Question

hm1996

Staff member
Am I the only one with this problem?

Used to open youtube videos and watch regular or full screen just fine. Now Youtube banner takes up half of screen (@ top)and apparently the video is opening in full screen mode so I can only view about 1/2 of the picture. Controls on bottom video tool bar are off screen right.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
hm

maybe youtube took a page out of the photobucket play book.

have to pay to watch.
w00t.gif

first rule of web pages going wonky:

Delete your cookies & clear cached files and see if that fixes it.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotmaybe youtube took a page out of the photobucket play book.

have to pay to watch.
w00t.gif

IDK, could be????

Thanks, Stu, but didn't help this time??

49211820432_7036986e3c_z.jpg

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
If it works in a different browser, used to work in this one but now doesn't then something changed to break it.

Next things I'd look at are addons and extensions to the browser. You can try disabling allof tham. Restart the browser and see if it works. If it ddoes, enable them one at a time until you find the one that doesn't.

Also look at any security software, adblockers, anything like that.

And ultimately you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser.

Ive had to do that to firefox 3 times over the ywars to fix it when everything else failed.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishNext step, try a different browser and see if anything changes

That did it, Stu! Works fine w/Internet Explorer. Thanks!!

Now gotta figure out how to delete and reinstall Firefox. I'm about as confused as the little boy what lost his chewin' gum in a chicken yard when it comes to computers.

At least I can watch youtube until I figure it out. Thanks again, sir.

Regards,
hm

if windows, try opening the start menu, scrolling down to Firefox and right-click on it. If a context menu pops up look for Uninstall & click on it.

OK, I'm not running Win 7 any more, I'm on 10 so I can't look at screen to give exect instructions. But I ran 7 for many years & can get it close.

If Uninstall isn't in that menu you'll need to open the control panel. Look for programs, then find firefox. Click on it and then find the link up to remove or uninstall it.

Just got notice 7 won't be supported as of Jan 1 (I think). Unless something else screws up, think I'll just wait until I upgrade and use IE for youtube until then. Seems to work OK that was for now.

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,
Clarence

Back