Question about shotguns

ironworker

The New Benelli Super Black eagle is going for $2800 bucks at Sportsmens warehouse and the Beretta A400 Xplor is going for $1700 . What can the Benelli do that the Beretta can't ?

Originally Posted By: ironworkerThe New Benelli Super Black eagle is going for $2800 bucks at Sportsmens warehouse and the Beretta A400 Xplor is going for $1700 . What can the Benelli do that the Beretta can't ?

Simple.You'd get to pay another $1100 to do the same thing!

Originally Posted By: ironworkerThe New Benelli Super Black eagle is going for $2800 bucks at Sportsmens warehouse and the Beretta A400 Xplor is going for $1700 . What can the Benelli do that the Beretta can't ?
That's easy. The Benelli will make the maker $1100 more!

In my 78 year old opinion along with 30 years of gunsmithing I think most European quality semiauto shotguns are way over priced. I have both owned and repaired them all. At one time Benelli and Beretta were it but today, most of the U.S.A. Made will give them a good run for the money. The more I see of the Turkish made guns the more impressed I get. None are perfect and forever free from defects. After I got rid of my last Benelli I said I will never again pay $2000 for a semi auto again, but to each his own. One last thing, my last Benelli was an Ethos. After taking completely apart for cleaning I was literally shocked at how cheaply it is made, design is top notch and functions great but I would bet the Turks could match it for less than $500

Last edited:
I ve got Benellis, Franchi, Remington, TriStar and others. My opinion is as the case with most things you start getting diminishing returns as the price grows.

If a gun fits you well and you re confident with it go for it.

I ve killed as many upland birds with my 28 gauge TriStar bronze Viler as my Benelli 28 Ultralight!!

And, I don't worry about falling down a shale slide while hunting with the TriStar after chukars near as much!!

Back