First MC coyote Pictures added

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I bought a Suzuki Van Van 200, a fat tired 200cc bike much on the order of a TW-200 but a little more road oriented. I haven't ridden for about 20 yrs and it was road bikes and choppers back then. I'm loving this for the SW. It is really at home on the sand and gravel roads here. 90 miles to the gallon is a real biggie and saving the wear and tear on my van. I can haul the bike to where I want to hunt and then spend a few days hunting and use the van for base camp.

I tricked out the bike with a GPS, power port, large rack, equipment box(Dewalt tool box), spare fuel (Rotopax clone) and I was in the pawn shop the other day and they had a Polaris hard scabbard that mounted easily on the bike.

I've been doing some riding/scouting to get used to it but today was my first hunt on it, it was cool this morning, upper 30's an I had to return to the house and add my heavy coat and chaps but it was a comfortable ride after that it was only fifteen miles out to where I wanted to hunt.

The first stand was a blank as was the second. Stand three was a charm, a really nice looking large male came in to about 20 yards. I am packing the 12ga/5.6x50R Mag combo gun and 1 1/4oz of Copper BB's dropped him right there. Skinning was a little tough as there wasn't anything taller than me there, but one of the bushes was pretty stout it was more of a horizontal skinning rather than vertical.

The next stand I pulled off the trail and heard a branch scrapping the fender. Looking down here was a mazinita branch stuck to the tire with a couple big old thorns imbedded in the tire. I had tire spoon, patch kit and inflator in the equipment box but haven't added the allen wrenches to pull the front wheel yet. So I booked it back home before the tire went totally flat.

Tomorrow I'll pull the wheel and patch the tire and be ready for next week.

I'll add pics of the bike tomorrow, I'm not good with phones, I'm still trying to find it. I used it a couple days ago so it can't be too far.

Last edited:
Quote:mazinita branch stuck to the tire with a couple big old thorns imbedded in the tire. I had tire spoon, patch kit and inflator in the equipment box but haven't added the allen wrenches to pull the front wheel yet. So I booked it back home before the tire went totally flat.

Have you thought about using SLIME tire sealant in your bike tires?

Put it in my jeep at least 5 years ago and almost eliminated flats in S. Tx brush country. Before slime had mesquite thorns ruin a dozen or more truck tires from sidewall punctures. Haven't had but one flat on the jeep since slime and that was an old dried out tire that didn't want to seal up.

Only drawback I've found in vehicle tires is that you are limited to 45 mph or less due to out of balance tires w/slime. I think they have a different slime for bikes, but not sure.

Regards,
hm

Thanks, I have a post over at the Suzuki VV forum asking about Slime or Ride On tire sealant.

This is fun but it has a whole bunch of things to think about. A couple days ago I was out on some back roads (open range) and came around the bend and there was a whole herd of bulls standing on the side of the road(no fence), they all gave me the "Stink Eye" as I eased on past. Then there was the calf that couldn't decide which side of the road he wanted to be on and every time I started to speed up he'd run to the other side in front of me.

Just think how easy it would be if we could just attach the phone to the wall with a wire, then it would never get lost.

Last edited:
I googlized the bike.Interestimg concept.I'm looking to get a dual sport myself.Something more off road oriented for sure.Good luck with it.

When I first got the TJ, I drove it to and from the 2 ranch(es) I hunt (50 & 70 miles0 It was much better off road than on and I was able to leave the jeep in a pole barn at either ranch, so decided to put slime in jeep and trailer it back & forth, thus solving two problems.

The ONLY drawback is @ 45 mph centrifugal force holds all slime in one place & tires go out of balance.

Since your bike is for off road that should not be a problem and there may be a different product available for bikes if it is an issue.

Good hunting!
Regards,
hm

There is a product called Ride On that is a sealant and balancer, your suppose to be able to eliminate wheel weights with it. I have some on order.

I completed my Van Van and it has been out on a test run. I had two spare fuel cans but the rifle in the back scabbard was a little uncomfortable for any long distance so I swapped out the right side can for a hard scabbard that I found at a local pawn shop. Once I get to the hunting area I move the rifle to the scabbard and make short runs with it on my back.

Specs.

Power port added with a jump start port

Garmin GPS with a Kirsch outdoors public lands chip (I have a dedicated NM and an 8 western state chip for when I travel) in a waterproof gps case

Small windshield

Cycleracks luggage rack with bag protectors turned up.

Rotopax clone 1.3gal fuel can

Polaris hard scabbard

Dewalt tool box it was a perfect fit for the rack and it holds everything I need for the desert
1. Tire spoons and tools to remove tire
2. CO2 inflator and patch kit
3. Small jumpstart battery with wiring to match my ports.
4. Spare bungees, scarf, groves

Factory engine case protector

3NsG6g.jpg

WERoEt.jpg

hmLS1w.jpg

Originally Posted By: AWSI don't think it is quite as low as a TW but it is low enough that I can walk it through tuff spots.

and you can always re-gear by way of changing chain sprockets if you find its not low enough.

Back