Matrix handguard/ need something different.

I have a Matrix Foxtrot handguard. Having trouble finding an adjustable gas block that wont make contact with handguard. The Matrix ID is 1.3. The Seekin i have i filed down and i still makes contact. Had 2 Tact. Ord. GB's that fit but neither one made 500 rds. I even filed the channel under the pic. rail. I dont like filing on anything. All i need is a slim line with a wider channel than the Matrix.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: longrange454I have a Matrix Foxtrot handguard. Having trouble finding an adjustable gas block that wont make contact with handguard. The seekin i have i filed down and i still makes contact. Had 2 Tact. Ord. GB's that fit but neither one made 500 rds. I even filed the channel under the pic. rail. I dont like filing on anything.

What di the Tac Ord blocks do for failure?

Greg

Originally Posted By: longrange454Failure to eject. Traced the problem to the gas block. Called Tac. Ord. and they gave me the second one no charge.

Not enough gas? I've only had that issue when the screw fell out. I forgot to RTV it. Just like I learned on my JP's to keep them in place with no spring a bit of help is needed.

Greg

Adjustable gas blocks are definitely a disposable item.

I had to take a lot of material off of one of my hand guards to make my JP AGB work. It is cheaper to do that than buy a new hand guard.

I have a 14.5 inch Geissele URGI that has a mid length gas system. You would be blown away when you see how soft that one shoots suppressed with out any trickery.

I also have an 18 inch HBAR with a rifle length gas system. Same thing..... No trickery.

I have to back peddle on this one. Full gas bolt locks back on bolt carrier not the bolt. It appears to me the dimple on the BHW barrel is at 1130 not TDC. Really don't want to have to go through the hassle of sending it back. I have friend you runs a machine shop. Is there any way to eliminate the off center dimple.

Don't bother. The dimple is just a helper. It is not really needed per se. I'd just put a bit of a file too it if. Line it up and screw it down and go conquer.

Greg

Last edited:

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ makes a lot of handguards
I have one that covers my suppressor. Just a different way to go.

ogwSH55.jpg

Back