Classic Pflueger reel

masshunter

picked up a box of tackle at a tag sale yesterday, included 8 reels, mostly cheap 202 Zebco and sears baitcasters. But there were two Bronson level winds. The best one though was a Pflueger "Trump" with the box and manual. The price tag was on the box, 2&1/2 books of S&H ! Brings me back to kid days and wearing out that Green Stamp catalog. Anyway, has anybody here had any experience with that reel ? I have a Rocket I use trolling, love those old classics.

I had a couple years ago. Too be honest I have no idea what model. If I remember correctly the spool "release" was on the side. Had to push it back and forth. Those old reels did teach you how to use your thump when casting. If not big time back lash.

The "Trump" model was the middle of the road Pflueger model. A couple of us tried them on musky rods but they weren't near the reel the "Supreme" was. I still have at least one old Supreme with, pre spool release and one with a release, both have drags in the reel handle. You could really heave the old Suick Musky Thrillers with them and they held up pretty good, better than anything else at the time.

Thanks guys, I'll load it up with new braid this winter and give it a try, mostly trolling or bait fishing in the lake. I got a kick out of the fact that it was purchased with "Green Stamps "

Back