Rem Model 7 Predator 243

pyscodog

I bought new and have close to 100 rounds fired. Accuracy is not very good right now. I bed the recoil lug area, floated the barrel and lightened the trigger but it hasn't helped yet. Shot bullets from 55 to 80 grain with different powders and primer but can't seem to get an inch group at 100yds. Scopes new, rings and bases are new as well. Any suggestions? I wanted to shoot lighter weight pills for coyote hunting but its not cooperating very well.

Try IMR4831 and 85gr Sierra BTHP's if you decide to go that heavy. Best combo in every 243 I have tried it in.

I had to actually pad and add some pressure in the end of the stock where the little factory built in pad is. My rifle was VERY finicky before I did that. I used some oil soaked heavy weight business cards to accomplish that. Soaked in oil and trimmed to fit on that pad in the tip of the forend. Settled my M7 Predator right down. After I mentioned that in a thread another poster did the same and reported similar results. My rifle is now very accurate and a whole lot less finicky.

Originally Posted By: GCI had to actually pad and add some pressure in the end of the stock where the little factory built in pad is. My rifle was VERY finicky before I did that. I used some oil soaked heavy weight business cards to accomplish that. Soaked in oil and trimmed to fit on that pad in the tip of the forend. Settled my M7 Predator right down. After I mentioned that in a thread another poster did the same and reported similar results. My rifle is now very accurate and a whole lot less finicky.

I've done it to several rifles with good results. Once I find the thickness that works best I put a dab of bedding compound right behind it and tighten everything down with the shim in place. Remove the shim once the bedding is set. No need to worry about the shim collecting water or getting lost.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCI had to actually pad and add some pressure in the end of the stock where the little factory built in pad is. My rifle was VERY finicky before I did that. I used some oil soaked heavy weight business cards to accomplish that. Soaked in oil and trimmed to fit on that pad in the tip of the forend. Settled my M7 Predator right down. After I mentioned that in a thread another poster did the same and reported similar results. My rifle is now very accurate and a whole lot less finicky.

Thats a good idea. I guess not all barrels like to be floated. Next trip out I'll give it a try. Thanks

Back