European threaded barrel.

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I have a little 222 Rem Model 70 that has returned to the US, it was threaded in Europe. Do they use the same thread pattern as found on suppressors here in the states. Right now it has a thread protector.

I guess I should just buy a 1/2x28 bolt and see if the protector fits it.

I've been in your situation before. I asked the little local gun shop if I could bring the gun in and try to test fit a brake or a thread protectod. I know the owner so he say oh yes bring it in. It was in my puckup. Well, it didnt fit. So I had the smith cut and rethread the barrel. Problem solved.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

Don't worry there is an adapter you can buy. I have one for my VZ58 and my AK47 type rifle.

Just make sure to check with a barrel rod that everything ligns up when adding a third piece.

Originally Posted By: Cowboy43If i had to make a wild azz guess, id say its threaded metric.

Yep usually [beeep] backwards, metric and LH... Which means righty loosey, and that's usually the direction of the bullet rotation, so check your shoulder lock very frequently.

Nothing wrong with using an adapter. Just put it on with blue loctite. It will stay in place and be a lot cheaper than re-threading. Re-threading might create a concentricity problem unless the threading is done right. Some folks that do that, don't center off the bore. If you choose to re-thread, pick a shop with some good experience doing the work.

Back