Having grown up in WI and hunting fox for bounty in the 1960's experience is the biggest thing in gaining confidence. Practicing from field positions is another. Adapting to your hunting conditions is another, trying to call coyotes into the open in a heavily populated/hunted area can be a frustrating experience and when you do get one to come out more than often you will rush the shot for fear it will bolt. You might try getting down in the thick stuff where a coyote is far more comfortable.

The 222 Rem is a rather unique cartridge, and the fellow that is shooting one is someone that usually has a lot of experience. The average person will see a 222 Rem and wonder what it would cost to have it re-chambered to 223. A 222 Rem shooter will understand the limitations of the round and keep his shots within it's capabilities.

I have 3 222 Rem and zero 223's, if I need more than the 222 Rem the 22-250 more than fits the bill but saying that my coyote kills are far more likely to be with a 222 than a 22-250. I rarely expect a called coyote to farther than the effective range of the 222 Rem. and have no problems passing one one that is a marginal shot, I can usually call him in another day.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders