Hunting around Kanab

Heymartay

Any thoughts on if Kanab, Utah would be a good place to live for hunting and fishing?Want to move west but stay out of the cities and have good weather . It's retirement time , have a daughter in Grand Junction and close family in Kalifornia. Gotta get out of Illinois , this new gubner gonna break this state .

If it twernt for the mormons.

Had family move there and then leave. Never felt that kind of weird anywhere else.

Your part of the cult or an outsider.

Other than that LOL its awesome. Lots of great parks and public land. Never did hunt but looks like it would be great.

FWIW, me and the fam moved to north dakota from washington state. We all know how the left coast relates to Illinois. We have family in mt and sd and visit regularly. I go back to wa to visit friends and fam, but i never see myself moving from the dakota territories. Pick any state around here, and you wont be disappointed.

What is it that Mormons actually do?Harassment or ostracism , sounds like something an adult could care less about. Sounds like they act like a bunch of liberals.

I like the west but I also have had enough of crappy winters . I want to hunt coyotes in reasonable weather i.e. 10 degrees and up. If I want to get cold and snowy I'll head up in elevation .Also don't want to live around a million people with summers of 110.Getting picky in my old age.

Kanab is surrounded by breath taking scenery and has millions of people passing through there annually. There are several National Parks and Monuments nearby and the tourists pass through there to go hiking and sight seeing. A lot of people are moving there and it will probably look like Illinois pretty soon. Best to move now before its too late....LOL!

I frequently hunt near Kanab. Lots of public land so your days of asking a landowner for permission to hunt coyotes would be over. You will need to forget about hunting deer there because you will never draw a tag.

Lake Powell is the fishing hotspot. No bag/possession limits on striped bass and walleye. Smallmouth bass are showing signs of over populating and might need to become unlimited in the future.

Good luck with your retirement decisions.

Originally Posted By: HeymartayWhat is it that Mormons actually do?Harassment or ostracism , sounds like something an adult could care less about. Sounds like they act like a bunch of liberals.

Mormons? Liberals, WOW! Not hardly. Can’t believe rock Chuckers 1980 is so misinformed and attacking someone else’s religion on this hunting forum.
“Really?”
Pretty low class....

I am not a Mormon but had a lot of Mormon hunting partners, neighbors, friends when I lived in Az. I never felt like an outsider, never.

Originally Posted By: g BoOriginally Posted By: HeymartayWhat is it that Mormons actually do?Harassment or ostracism , sounds like something an adult could care less about. Sounds like they act like a bunch of liberals.

Mormons? Liberals, WOW! Not hardly. Can’t believe rock Chuckers 1980 is so misinformed and attacking someone else’s religion on this hunting forum.
“Really?”
Pretty low class....

He might have used a bad choice of words but I will say that the LDS religion can be one of the worst for judging those that are not LDS and not making you feel welcome. Especially in smaller communities. Before you come back with a comment, I will tell you I am LDS but not active (for a lot of years) because of the way the religion was and the way people were treated. Very judgmental. Not saying all are like that but it happens a lot.

Reb , I’m looking forward to meeting you sometime. I’m working up in your area again this fall. We’ll be there a few more weeks. In fact had dinner yesterday at the Spring Chicken inn.

Took a feller hunting coyotes up there last week.

Hope to run into you sometime

Back