ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Suppressor and SBR form filed 5/17/18 for a trust.
Check cashed 5/31/18
Suppressor stamp recvd 5/10/19.
SBR stamp recvd 6/20/19.
The gun store told me the sbr form got sent back in late May of 2019 bc they wanted an original dealer signature, thus the extra month.

I am nearing 8 months since my check has been cashed on my first suppressor. ATF says wait times estimated at 9 months. Anybody get a stamp recently and if so how long was the wait?

I just passed the 9 month mark so hopefully you’re right about the wait time. I will say I try not to give it much thought to keep from stressing out about it. Good luck, Dave

Not to be the Grinch, but Christmas is not coming early for you guys. It's more like 11 to 12 months. I am sitting at 11 months since check cashed.

BATFE recently told me the wait time was about 9 months, but they've been saying that for awhile. I have to agree with Lazerus on the reality of 11-12 months. There's a 2 week time from approval to stamp delivery at the class 3 to consider too.

Originally Posted By: Wyoming WinchesterJust got the call my stamp is in. Oct 3 till Aug 9. about 10 months
Well that's the best news I got this month so far. My check was cashed Oct. 2nd, hoping to get a call any day now.

Hoping to have mine back before calling season starts. If not I guess I have killed a few without one. Thanks for all the updates on wait times. Hope to report back soon with my stamp!

purchased 9/23/19
Form 3: Approved on 9/26/2019
Form 4: Mailed on 9/26/2019
I am a member on a suppressor/silencer group on facebook in the last week there have been at least
8 individual form 4's approved in about a 3 month time frame,
don't know what is going on but I have my fingers crossed ,hope I get on that magical short list

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skinneyHere's a pretty quick one. I form 4'd my brother in laws Harvester 6-13-19, it was approved 9-16-19.

individual or trust?

Two Form 4’s completed, fees paid/submitted, and purchases made 3/1/18. Done in a trust. Approved & stamps issued 10/14/18. I was surprised to have them in hand well before end of the year.

Back