Browning trail cam life expectancy

Wood Smoke II

I have two older Browning Strike Force Elite trail cameras that I purchased in 2015 or 2016. So far so good with both of them. Both stay out in the woods on a small piece of property in north GA most of the year & I only check them every so often. More in the fall & winter but almost not at all in the warm weather. They take great pics & videos & battery life is quite long. I’m just curious if they have a useful life span and how many years I can hope to get out of them. Any comments or experiences with camera longevity? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: emptymagI’ve had some that don’t work new regardless of brand so I’d say your ahead of the curve.

These cameras have pretty much been flawless so far. Lots and lots of videos and still pics, and image quality is very good even when set at the next to best/highest image resolution. Leaving them out in the woods for months & months on end results in a ton of usual deer pictures & lots with nothing in them except little critters like squirrels & birds, but once in awhile I get a great shot of a mature gobbler or a big black bear at night. If they ever finally do fail, then I’ve got a lot of use out of them and most likely would get the same Browning to replace them.

I have 5 of them that I use and I am happy with them. They have performed as expected. I have a couple of the cheaper models and the picture/video quality is not the greatest, but they work for what I need them for. I have been using them for about 5 years so far. Love the battery life. Can get almost 4-5 months out of a set.

Originally Posted By: TheOpticZoneI have 5 of them ........

With 5 cameras, ever briefly forget where you put one after leaving it out and extended time? I’m going to check cards & batteries in my two on Friday, and honestly I had to think where I moved one of them back in March!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Around here Id say thed last till someone stole them or some yahoo shot them if you cabelled and locked them. This is mostly public land and the public respect for others has greatly deteroriated in the past couple generations.

Im expecting to put one out to watch for deer/coyote but am trying to figure how to conceal. Suggestions?

Last edited:
I accidentally left my Browning cam out all winter. It took over 1000 pictures and still had a wee bit of battery life when I was able to return and retrieve it.

I have 2 that are 5 years old. Still work great. I
have 1 more that is only 3 years old and a
dark ops that is only 1 year old. The dark ops
is not near the camera the strike force ones
have been.

They must pay people to do good reviews on them.

I bought 3 Browning trail cameras, different models and all were $180+. I didn't work right out of the box. Another died in 2 months. The 3rd takes so so pics. I'll never buy another Browning.

I have 5 of them and I believe I just finished my 5th year on them. I will buy more, I have been happy with them. My brother is on his third year with the 3 he has.

We have 2 out, unsure of models, but they are 2-3yrs old....they eat batteries and fail to take ALOT of pictures...ive had deer directly in front of them and shot them, never to be photographed...with that sort of movement idk why they miss these events.

Back