Gun Clubs

Coyotejunki

I am a member of a local gunclub. There aren't many around here, or other places to legally shoot. Our gun club requires us to be active members in the NRA, Also they require us to purchase a firearm every year or have a current CCW. The did give me the option to pay them $25 to prove I wasn't a felon, and they would do the NICs background check.

I almost didn't renew. I forgot and let my CCW expire.

Now with Wayne Lapiere spending the NRA money on Fancy suits and clothing among his ginormous salary and other "IMO" criminal theft of funds from the NRA. I am getting sick of their crap. Them backing bump stock bans and red flag laws to name a few gripes of mine. I think I am going to quit the organization. Maybe the last year at this gunclub too. Sadly I have been a member there since the 80's.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI am a member of a local gunclub. There aren't many around here, or other places to legally shoot. Our gun club requires us to be active members in the NRA, Also they require us to purchase a firearm every year or have a current CCW. The did give me the option to pay them $25 to prove I wasn't a felon, and they would do the NICs background check.

I almost didn't renew. I forgot and let my CCW expire.

Now with Wayne Lapiere spending the NRA money on Fancy suits and clothing among his ginormous salary and other "IMO" criminal theft of funds from the NRA. I am getting sick of their crap. Them backing bump stock bans and red flag laws to name a few gripes of mine. I think I am going to quit the organization. Maybe the last year at this gunclub too. Sadly I have been a member there since the 80's.

Do not give them them the $25 they cannot do a NICS check the only people that can do one are FFL's
during the sale of a firearm,I would find a new gun club,sounds like a bunch of FUDDS.

My club also requires we be NRA members. I am going to suggest that the options be opened up to one of several other organizations like GOA or the NSSF.

Back