300 HAM'R vs. 300BO?

sidpost

Assuming supersonic use ONLY, and bullets in the 125gr~150gr range, what does the 300 HAM'R offer that a 300 Black Out does not? I'm a feral hog shooter mainly but, aggressive domestic dogs have been known to cross my path out where I live on my own property occasionally too. Coyotes are a lesser problem but, occasionally need some lethal force too.

TIA,
Sid

Welcome to PM,

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/300-hamr/

Watch all the videos at towards the middle of the page.

I was on a 300 HAMR rage. Unfortunately work and life caught up and i am too busy at this moment to start another project. Later on though i would still like to have one of these.

The idea is max case capacity, 125-130 grain bullets with the slowest twist possible. That will give you the best velocity and accuracy. It really seems to be the most you can get out of a .223 REM case.

per arlaunch's www link : "AS YOU CAN SEE THE 300 HAM’R HAS A SOLID 300FPS VELOCITY AND A 400FP ENERGY ADVANTAGE OVER FACTORY 300 BLACKOUT AT THE MUZZLE."

I shoot a HAM'R. I like it alot. I use a Speer 125gr TNT on hogs or dogs. It's not a 308 but you can reload it with Lake City brass for less than $.30/round. I really like that!!! 18in barrel gives you 2600fps with the TNT. Recoils like a 223.

Originally Posted By: CFranksI shoot a HAM'R. I like it alot. I use a Speer 125gr TNT on hogs or dogs. It's not a 308 but you can reload it with Lake City brass for less than $.30/round. I really like that!!! 18in barrel gives you 2600fps with the TNT. Recoils like a 223.

Thanks! That is the sort of information I was hoping for.

There is so much hype about the 300BO and HAM'R, it is hard to get any real objective information. A lot of the posts and articles say the 300~350~400FPS claims are really 100~150FPS so, it made me wonder if the "juice was worth the squeeze" to add a 300 HAM'R with its slower twist to a 300BO with SUBS.

Last edited:
Back