ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

I called in to check status on one and the ATF agent said they were running about 9 months now. My first one was a week over 10 months (from check cashed date) Mine was in a trust. I don't think the trackers are very accurate on check cashed times. Depends on how you do it. Silencer Shop check cashed times run a month. Individual and trusts have been cashed for me in a couple of days from receipt.

Last edited:
They told me that it has moved to 9 months from the 7 months it was running due to the shut down. I was very polite and was like ... Check was cashed 4/16/18 today is 4/15/19 That's 12 months. Can you tell me if it's even to the FBI yet. Nope we can't tell you that. All we can tell you is it's pending. Other is at 8 months.... Guess we will see. Only with the gov't can you continually not do your job and still collect a paycheck... No accountability to do their job. super frustrated with them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wysongdogThey told me that it has moved to 9 months from the 7 months it was running due to the shut down. I was very polite and was like ... Check was cashed 4/16/18 today is 4/15/19 That's 12 months. Can you tell me if it's even to the FBI yet. Nope we can't tell you that. All we can tell you is it's pending. Other is at 8 months.... Guess we will see. Only with the gov't can you continually not do your job and still collect a paycheck... No accountability to do their job. super frustrated with them.

IMO you are jumping to conclusions saying that they are not doing their job and have no accountability in what they do.

Do you know how many application there are? Do you know how many people are available to work those applications? Do you know what the process is to work those applications?

Just like that guy/gal standing on the road side by a construction site. Everyone things they are wasting the day away drawing a paycheck. In reality, their job is very important to the job site safety and public safety. When a dump truck needs to enter the job site, that person moves the road block so they can enter. And then places it back in the roadway to keep the public out. Yes, they may be making $14-18/hour. That is what the contractor has decided to pay to keep things safe.

Don't toss someone under the bus when you don't know what their job entails.

Originally Posted By: Walking ManOriginally Posted By: wysongdogThey told me that it has moved to 9 months from the 7 months it was running due to the shut down. I was very polite and was like ... Check was cashed 4/16/18 today is 4/15/19 That's 12 months. Can you tell me if it's even to the FBI yet. Nope we can't tell you that. All we can tell you is it's pending. Other is at 8 months.... Guess we will see. Only with the gov't can you continually not do your job and still collect a paycheck... No accountability to do their job. super frustrated with them.

IMO you are jumping to conclusions saying that they are not doing their job and have no accountability in what they do.

Do you know how many application there are? Do you know how many people are available to work those applications? Do you know what the process is to work those applications?

Just like that guy/gal standing on the road side by a construction site. Everyone things they are wasting the day away drawing a paycheck. In reality, their job is very important to the job site safety and public safety. When a dump truck needs to enter the job site, that person moves the road block so they can enter. And then places it back in the roadway to keep the public out. Yes, they may be making $14-18/hour. That is what the contractor has decided to pay to keep things safe.

Don't toss someone under the bus when you don't know what their job entails.

I called last week and spoke with one of the people that answer the phone.

I asked her politely what the process is there, how many examiners, how many suppressor forms? She replied not many examiners and a lot of suppressor forms.

My check was cashed June 29th 2018. She told me to check back in a month because mine still doesn’t have an examiner assigned.

Also, they do not run the background checks there, they are subcontracted out.

When you call, they look up the information and give you all the information they have. It is like calling the receptionist at the doctor and asking her to explain your X-ray readings....or MRI

Mine went pending on July 12 2018. I called April 23 2019 and was told it was still pending.
I asked what the wait time was now and she told me 9 months. I politely said that this one has been pending for over 9 months and she said some are taking up to 11 months. I hope I didn’t and a couple more months by checking on it. I do not understand why it takes so long for them to get approved especially since i have already had several that have been approved in the past. I sure hope that they have not forgot about the hearing protection act.

HPA absolutely will never get passed with "dim"ocrats in control of the House. All they study is more restrictions on gun owners.

I think the dragged out times are deliberate.

I certainly agree that the dims have no interest in helping gun owners protect their hearing. They are more interested in depriving us of our rights than helping us improve quality of life. It is interesting that the time that it takes to get an application approved has remained fairly constant over the years with some increase, but the applications submitted have dramatically increased. That would indicate that there is some manipulation of the time to approve. I would like to add that I was checking weekly on the status of my applications and was told just before they were approved that my application had not been touched. This indicates to me that they stay in queue for most of the duration until they are assigned to an agent who then processes them in days, not months.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpHPA absolutely will never get passed with "dim"ocrats in control of the House. All they study is more restrictions on gun owners.

I think the dragged out times are deliberate.

..the HPA WAS a great idea...but the mistake of the failed bill was having the $200 fee wiped off...GIVE ME A BREAK..anything that involves loss of financing gets tossed in garbage...House and Senate wont hear it...been over 3 years and is done.

You might have to champ on that bit for a while Rhett. Seems like the wait times are getting longer. I got a couple on jail that have been there 10 and half months and the lady at the ATF just told me they're running behind and I might wait another month to check. Doesn't sound too encouraging. With all the process totaled together, it might be a year from pay for to get.

Submitted a Form 4 INDIVIDUAL via Silencer Shop Kiosk for a YHM LT .30 cal can.

Check cashed 7-24-18

Approved 5-30-19

Stamp not yet at the dealer.

I'm D.O.N.E. with NFA, especially suppressors on Form 4's until the ATF gets their house in order.

No reason it took just over 10 months when I've had Form 4's come back in less than 5 in the past.

I suppose I can write off the NFA game for now as I have the things I want.

Now that Trump is reportedly "looking into suppressors", no way I'd sink money in another one and risk a decision knowing the application/approval process is darn near a year long now.

Last edited:
Silencer Shop Kiosk

Omega 300

Purchased 5-19-18

Check cashed 6-22-18

Called for the fifth time in 5 months on 6-3-19, approved 6-2-19(Sunday,hmmmm)

Dealer called, stamp in hand 6-8-19. About time.

Thinking hard about taking the plunge again, but man what a wait.

Got a .22 can yesterday. Paid for it on 6-15-18 through Silencer Shop. Tax stamp payment accepted 7-16-18. Approved 6-4-19 and stamp at class III on 6-12. Almost a year from paid to get. Can is an SRD22X and not as quiet as my TBAC 22TD. Also has a noticeable first round pop.

Back